Locked Out of Guild Bank from Steam Accounts

So I just started a Steam account (even though I've been playing since 2012). Through a character on my original account, I invited my new account to my guild. When I tried to access the Guild Bank with my new Steam character, I find that I cannot, and it gives me the option to view this page:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

Ok, fine. Authenticators are such a hassle, but I'll set it up. I log in to Arena.Net to do account management and look for the security option to add the authenticator, but can't find it anywhere. I do a Google search for using an authenticator with a Steam account and come across the GW2 FAQ:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053416353-Steam-FAQ

which includes this lovely little gem:

Can I add Authentication to my Guild Wars 2 Steam account?

No, the option to add account authentication within the Account Management page of your ArenaNet account is not available for Guild Wars 2 Steam accounts. Please visit Steam to review any options they offer concerning authentication for your Steam account.

So, what you're saying is that Steam users can't make use of the Guild Bank or send money or items via email because they are Steam users? Users who aren't allowed to add the authenticator? My Steam account is already authenticated via the Steam app, yet I still can't access the Guild Bank or email items.. All this just because I'm a veteran player taking advantage of the Steam release of the game to create a new accoiunt?

Oh, joy.

Will this ever be fixed, or are Steam users permanently locked out of the Guild Bank and restricted from sending certain emails?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Not sure about the mail, but there are restrictions on new accounts:

Three day

There is a 72-hour restriction on:

• Currency Exchange in the Gem store after account creation to combat botting and scams.
  • All deposits and withdrawals to the Guild Vault after joining a guild. The time remaining is shown on the Guild Vault display and the entire vault is "grayed out". This timer is reset if you leave and rejoin a guild. It is not affected by either Guild Rank or Vault permissions.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There is a 72-hour restriction on:

• Currency Exchange in the Gem store after account creation to combat botting and scams.
  • All deposits and withdrawals to the Guild Vault after joining a guild. The time remaining is shown on the Guild Vault display and the entire vault is "grayed out". This timer is reset if you leave and rejoin a guild. It is not affected by either Guild Rank or Vault permissions.

This is actually only the restriction on Guild Vaults for already verified accounts.

From my personal experience with both my EoD-only and a few Heroic Edition alt-accounts over the last nine months, it also takes 5 days (120 hours) after activation to access the Guild Vault on new accounts.

17 hours ago, JadeLotus.4623 said:

So, what you're saying is that Steam users can't make use of the Guild Bank or send money or items via email because they are Steam users? Users who aren't allowed to add the authenticator? My Steam account is already authenticated via the Steam app, yet I still can't access the Guild Bank or email items.. All this just because I'm a veteran player taking advantage of the Steam release of the game to create a new accoiunt?

I think it's just another case of sloppiness at ANet. The old error message was quite confusing since it only vaguely referred to expansions and 2FA as requirement, although I can access the vaults on my two banking guilds with all my heroic edition alt-accounts whether they use SMS or eMail for authentication.

If you still have problems after 5 days, either write an in-game bug report via "/bug" that is directly send to the QA team or write a support ticket that will end up with the CS team. Usually such stuff will be fixed rather quickly. It took them less then 24h to switch Eurozone accounts from US$ to €uro in the gem store after I reported it as bug. :classic_cool:

On 8/26/2022 at 10:10 AM, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

From my personal experience with both my EoD-only and a few Heroic Edition alt-accounts over the last nine months, it also takes 5 days (120 hours) after activation to access the Guild Vault on new accounts.

I don't remember exactly what time on 23 August I launched the game from Steam, but looking at the installation folder, it seems to be just after 2300 GMT.

I just logged on about half an hour after that and now, while trying to access the Trading Company, it says:

Newly unlocked accounts require validation. This feature will unlock in 23 hours.

So this seems to confirm the 120 hour figure. *sighs*

• Like 1