Something that i dont think have been even considered with the new gyro changes (PvE perspective)

Jopettaja.7451

How it will affect scrapper in PvE and specifically PvE end game like fractals, strikes and raids and scrapper rotation there. Engineer already has quite many ground targeted abilities especially with grenade kit and now this will add more, in fact it will make almost every scrapper damaging weapon, utility and elite skill into ground targeted. The skills you usually use for DPS as scrapper are: Hammer 2 and 5, rifle turret, throw mine, shredder gyro, blast gyro, grenade kit, mortar kit and supply crate, there are a few choices depending what you need, more dps, more cc or more boon rip etc. Out of these skills 7/9 are going to be ground targeted, if you prefer or have to take blast gyro or throw mine over rifle turret, you will have literally 1 non ground targeted skill in your rotation from weapon, utility and elite skills, the hammer 2  (This does not still include the tool belt, there are some more ground targeted and some non ground targeted skills depending what you chose). And not only that but if you want to bring some utility to group, maybe as quickness scrapper, now your stability, party condi cleanse and stealth are also ground targeted and so is your ress with function gyro. Its just gonna be ground targeted after ground target.

Personally I very much dislike this, I try to actively avoid having too many ground targeted abilities cause i find them annoying and not nice to use (I do know you can alter how ground target works in the options) A few are still okay and can make it even more fun like hammer 5,  but when you have too many its not fun anymore, of course this is personal opinion, but i also know Im not alone with this one. The latest build ive used I have actually even skipped grenade kit and been fully kitless scrapper, the damage is actually very close, almost same even, if you have problems or are slow changing the kits it can even be better dps in real action, also you dont have to constantly spam too many ground targeted skills.  Ive had lots of fun with this build after the last buffs and finally it feels like scrapper really works as dps too, but the upcoming changes will change the whole play style and feel of scrapper, I would actually rather take the badly working minion like gyros than more ground targeted skills for scrapper

Engineer is by far my most played profession, its the one i have done all the stories, every single map in game 100%, every raid, strike, fractals, CMs included (only one not done is the HT cm) any time there is new content i will go there with my engineer at first, i have too many hours on this game and 1/3 of it is with my main engineer and i have another one too for fun and from all those hours the most Ive played scrapper, so scrapper is for sure my most played spec in the whole game. I dont think its a secret that scrapper has not always performed the best in end game PvE nor being the most played or wanted spec there, but actually right now i think it is in good position, the damage is surpricingly good and even more it is fun. I was meaning to make positive post just before the info about the upcoming changes how the latest buffs have actually really made scrapper much more viable to play in end game PvE and im happy about it, i think its is currently the best it has been, so far its always been overshadowed by holo and now mechanist, but atm the damage is actually pretty much the same as holo and not even so far from rifle mech, although rifle mech is still a lot easier to play and fully ranged. Just too bad that the best period of DPS scrapper seems to last only for so short time, even if the dps stays the same, the playstyle and feel changes so radically Im not sure how much I feel like playing it anymore, I do play every profession in game but if I cant play scrapper Im not sure how much I even feel like playing the whole game

And all this is just one persepctive how it will change scrapper, I could write a lot more, but I try to keep it shorter

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I fully agree.  I get why they need to change things for WvW, but do we need to change all of them?  The problem is that Sneak Gyro is crazy good with it's mobile stealth which makes it a far longer stealth than any other options.  Making it stationary means we can place it, chill in it a few seconds, or blast and move.  Still very useable, but it will cut the stealth time down dramatically.  Purge Gyro similarly is very powerful in WvW being a solid cleanse that follows you pulsing cleanses for basically the entire engagement (usually it's a short clash followed by a regroup). 

So I can see why those need to be adjusted and this change will be effective for that.  My question is, do the rest of the Gyros need to change? 

From a WvW perspective, being a knockoff Necro and tossing damaging wells into the fray sounds interesting, but because our wells are so delayed, it's very unlikely they will be effective for that.  So can we just keep Heal/Shredder/Blast gyro centered on the player, thus leaving the main PVE uses as they were, but still addressing the WvW problem with Stealth/Purge?

I would also argue at that point couldn't we split Stealth Gyro and have it only ground targetted in competitive?  It's just one skill that way, but I'm ok with this being shot down.   I'd just like to keep the dungeon/fractal skipping tools, but whatever.

I think they want to avoid the Mirage scenario again so I bet we will see a buff to Gyros in PvE to compensation for the new ground targeted use. 

Over all this should (fingers crossed) buff there over all preformance. On the live stream they did mention monitoring it, so the simple fact we are concerned about overloading a rotation with ground targeted abilities might result in something nice for Scrapper.