Free Camera Issues

Eddy.7051

I'd like to use Free Camera mode situationally, like in raids or competitive modes when using ranged attacks while on the run. But I don't like to have Free Camera mode enabled more than 5% of the time.

I disabled the "Use Free Camera" option while setting up a key (Q) for the "Free Camera" keybind. The key that is bound to "Free Camera" is not bound to any other keybinds.

Problem:

When I try to hold down Q while moving and while holding down my left mouse to turn my camera around, immediately after I release my left mouse my camera is re-aligned - as if I was not in Free Camera mode while holding down my Free Camera key. But if I instead press and hold Q immediately after releasing my left mouse, instead of holding down Q before releasing my left mouse, then I am successfully in Free Camera mode - although, as soon as I turn my camera again with left mouse I am immediately kicked out of Free Camera mode.

Is this how the Free Camera key is intended to behave? It's so limited and clunky unlike the other "hold down to activate/disable ___ mode" keys like the autotargeting, action camera, and snap targeting keys.

Edited by Eddy.7051