Daredevil = core thief?

Infinity.2876

Is it just me or does condi daredevil what core thief should feel like?

post below

I believe (I could be mistaken) that this is because dare devil utilities (with the exception of impairing daggers) and elite are mostly cc focused.

What would you change about elite and utilities? ------------------------------->(")

(I have used the elite for a quick finish in spvp and bandits defense for a budget block but they aren't very powerful skills)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

post below

I believe (I could be mistaken) that this is because dare devil utilities (with the exception of impairing daggers) and elite are mostly cc focused.

What would you change about elite and utilities? ------------------------------->(")

(I have used the elite for a quick finish in spvp and bandits defense for a budget block but they aren't very powerful skills)

Except for the shorter steal range, dash, condi daredevil is kitten bomb. Well use to be. Daredevil dash is nice and all but the 600 range for steal is meh for sword/x, dagger/dagger. I feel core is more adept to sword/x, dagger/dagger. Impact strike has been heavily impacted with the cc and power nerfs so dagger storm or basilisk venom is better. They took away the venom share/cd reduction and the traps so those options are gone. Preparation skills are meme bait.

Well Elite Specs are either "Core professions evolves into something completely different" or "You're Core but BETTER"

It's like Core profession is Eevee and Elite specs are the evolutions. I dont know why some people insist that Elite Specs are just another spec on the list, but in practice Elite Specs are absolute improvements over core where at this point, core professions are just like a preview and elite specs are THE endgame and full and complete evolved versions.

22 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

In which context? OW core Thief is as good as it gets right now. Core Thief is a build I run in OW just because it so fun and has the thief feel to it. 

Instanced content is too performative to feel like anything. At best you play with some flavor.

Competitive has to much actual humans in it. You know the kind who doesn't want to be killed by a skilled assassin. Daredevil utilities are all fine. Bandits defense should maybe revisited with the power creep going on and be adjusted for PvE.

If you would want to buff them that is easy.

Big dagger in 3 small ones with 1/3 of the duration for each. Increasing burst.
Ulti should be an aoe Knockdown on the second strike. Think Leg swipe instead of uppercut.

Block should stay weak in PvP, don't want balance cascade because we suddenly have access to a strong block. And the interrupts dagger are just weak in concept, but should stay as they are not everything needs to be optimized.