Thief Questions! (NON Elite Traits/Build Questions.)

Crymsyn.5037

I've recently returned from a long break due to many real life issues and settled on leveling a thief I just got it up to 21 and was wondering on trait's and the like! I was planning to go dual daggers and maybe either dual pistol's or short bow haven't fully decided yet. Is condition feasible for leveling with as a build or should I go with something else? I tried all the non elite spec weapon's and liked dual daggers, dual pistol's, and shortbow best. I admit I've always had a fondness for dot build's in mmo's but am open to other's and have little experience with rogue's/thieves. 1-Is Condition feasible to level with/Alright for someone unuse to Rogues/thieves if not what would be? 2-Either way what kind of trait's should I train? I'm likely going Daredevil for elite due to my love of the Martial Artist theme but Specter is tempting as I have a soft spot for dark magic figured I'd choose later on when I got to 80.

You can make anything work as a leveling build.  I really like the dagger/dagger condition build.  You could pair it with pistol/dagger or shortbow.  Short bow is a little harder to get the hang of, you will pull extra enemies without meaning to, so maybe start with pistol/dagger as your second set. 

If you want condition damage unlock deadly arts first.  Then I would go with shadow arts but everyone else will tell you to do trickery next.  The reason you want shadow arts first is because trickery will spoil you. 

That said, try all the weapons.  Give them all a good chance.  You never know what's going to click with you.  Dwayna forbid, but you may fall in love with swords.  You'll never know until you try it.