Necro leveling build for Halloween Lab

Providence.7185

Could you recommend a Necro leveling build for the Halloween Lab?

Many say the Halloween Lab is a great place to level and I have a free character slot and no Necro in my account. Looking for a good tagging core build with as much run speed as possible to keep up with the group. Would also appreciate some ideas to be able to contribute against bosses.

I do have a mastered out raptor (hoping not to use, certainly not for damage) and played the Lab for about 4 hours on a Mirage to get the basics down.

Thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, Elazul.6495 said:

Do we need a special build? I've been using my regular Reaper build tagging things with my axe while roaming and switching to Greatsword/Shroud for doors to cleave everything. Seems to work fine.

Builds designed for farming, and the Halloween Lab in particular, do exist. See the fast-farming website for examples. Being unfamiliar with core Necro I am hoping for ideas or a build best suited to the purpose.

You'd probably wanna focus on staff/shroud. Id probably go staff with axe/warhorn. Take utilities that effect speed/shroud build up. If they haven't nerfed that one trait that allows shroud 1 to pierce I'd grab that too. 

Remember your not going for damage, your main goal I'd say is AoE tagging and speed saving shroud for the spam spawns. Staff being pretty great for on demand aoe. I'd use warhorn 5 for large groups too. Obviously if your leveling you won't have all traits. So I'd focus more on getting used to the weapon rotation and 100% take movement utility skills. 

On 10/19/2022 at 10:07 AM, Providence.7185 said:

Could you recommend a Necro leveling build for the Halloween Lab?

Many say the Halloween Lab is a great place to level and I have a free character slot and no Necro in my account. Looking for a good tagging core build with as much run speed as possible to keep up with the group. Would also appreciate some ideas to be able to contribute against bosses.

I do have a mastered out raptor (hoping not to use, certainly not for damage) and played the Lab for about 4 hours on a Mirage to get the basics down.

Thanks in advance.

Core necro, run death magic as your first line - taking up/up/x. X being optional, but you can just choose up.

Second line when available, take blood magic, using up/down/down.

Last line will be soul reaping: mid/up/x (this is mostly for tanking, longer shroud uptime, and unblockable AoE on staff for those pest shield based enemies.

Use full minions for utilities, run primarily power based gear as well for tagging credit. Staff/axe-warhorn. Your goal is to tag everything as you go. Minions will transfer off conditions like the immob that gets spammed, assist with tagging mobs, and draw aggro. You are able to pull allies to you and resurrect them quickly WHILE you do AoE damage tagging mobs. Hands down the best leveling build for necro. If skillfully played you can even kill Steve below level 80 solo.