A bug or a feature? Zeal: Wrathful Spirit + F3: Crashing Courage

Saiyan.1704

This has been out since EoD so no doubt many guards are aware of it... it was just finally bothering me enough for me to ask (I don't recall seeing a post about it)

Trait: Wrathful Spirit in Zeal tree. "Aegis grants boons when it ends" - Fury and Resolution
F3: Crashing Courage - "Every five hits gives Aegis"

When you deal several F3 activations, you will have a long duration Aegis boon on you. BUT you low-key have stacks of Aegis boons, even though it doesn't actually show it. Resulting in Fury + Resolution procs from Wrathful Spirit every time an Aegis boon ends.

Mechanically it's confusing... because no matter the stacked Aegis or duration, it just blocks a single hit and the Aegis boon ends. But when you are not hit, you gain multiple boons of the Wrathful Spirit trait because these boons of Aegis are ending due to their individual boon timers.
(is there an official post about this??)

Btw Anet... PLEASE make this a feature if it's a bug. Zeal treeline needs love.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 1

Interesting...   Hope for response 🙂

'Wonder if you can get healing.. like, self-boon through altruistic healing off this.  

Although as I re-read what you said.. "
But when you are not hit, you gain multiple boons of the Wrathful Spirit trait because these boons of Aegis are ending due to their individual boon timers." ...are you saying they show up after, after the aegis boons are done and over?... sort of separate.

Thanks

1 hour ago, KGUN.8374 said:

Interesting...   Hope for response 🙂

'Wonder if you can get healing.. like, self-boon through altruistic healing off this.  

Although as I re-read what you said.. "
But when you are not hit, you gain multiple boons of the Wrathful Spirit trait because these boons of Aegis are ending due to their individual boon timers." ...are you saying they show up after, after the aegis boons are done and over?... sort of separate.

Thanks

I haven't tested AH but you definitely get boons when these Aegis duration stacks end. So that's 2 boon gains every... idk 3 or so seconds, depending on the (not so obvious) aegis boon activations from F3. So technically yes BUT if you get hit just once, then your entire Aegis boon ends. The aegis F3 boon trigger will restart.

The thing is, I absolutely LOVE this hidden mechanic. So much that it kind of adds a build diversity to WB when using Zeal. If you can maintain an upkeep of Fury + Resolution (60% crit) then we can alter our builds a bit further.... albeit sacrificing utility from Virtues... it's still an awesome option that Zeal can add, imo.

• Like 2