Suggestion for Visual/Audio impaired players

After 10 years of playing, I just recently started doings Raids and Strikes but have noticed that, although these instanced modes are really engaging and enjoyable they really do depend on being able to see/hear the mechanics of the boss.  Nothing new so far 🙂

The visual effects in GW2 are amazing...but overly plentiful at times?  Our Com advised turning down graphics quality to the lowest setting during Raids/Strikes but, despite this, attacks like the Vale Guardian 'blue' portal are just completely invisible to me (and I am sure others).  They get lost in amongst all the skill animations, Legendary animations etc etc coming from the rest of the squad and sometimes result in me being kicked from PUGs as I am often in a resultant down-state 😄 !  It would be great to be able to turn off the animations of other players at times when you need to focus on Boss mechanics....or at least turn them down?

Many Boss mechanics are preceded by specific sounds, some of which I can hear over my tinnitus, but others get drowned out by all the hacking/slashing/skill effect noises of the rest of the squad.  I have everything turned off except 'Environmental' sound (needed for the Boss noises).  I really don't need to hear the noise coming from the squad itself!  It would be amazing to be able to adjust how much you see/hear of other player mechanics so the Boss visual/audio is effectively boosted.

If anyone has any suggestions for settings changes I might have missed, or other things I could try, that would be amazing... failing that, hopefully ANet will pick up on this for a future release.  Thanks for reading all my waffly rubbish  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Yeah, I've described boss fights in GW2 as rainbows exploding on my screen. As far as I know, there are no settings to turn off any of the flashy effects/animations. In fact, it's been requested many times on these forums but so far to no avail.

If nothing else, it would stop your graphics card going into melt-down! 🤣

Story of my (raiding) life, it feels like staring into a full-blown firework while trying to make out a single pyro effect.

It got even worse when every egotist re-rolled a max-sized norn, so at least they could spot their own toon and his animations. While blocking sight for every one else.

I'm not raiding anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Plok.5873 said:

Story of my (raiding) life, it feels like staring into a full-blown firework while trying to make out a single pyro effect.

It got even worse when every egotist re-rolled a max-sized norn, so at least they could spot their own toon and his animations. While blocking sight for every one else.

I'm not raiding anymore.

I've had to use the distance ring module in BlishHUD to create a bright white ring around my character...just so I can see where I'm standing!

• Sad 1