[BUG] Deadeye: for skill Deaths Advance

Hello, I was testing deadeye's skill deaths advance with some EcK members. Anyhow I wanted to test to see if deaths advance could be activated/used with a allies sniper cover then we discovered something weird.

Current behavior: I cast snipers cover, ally kneel walks across, however I get deaths advance even though I haven't moved a inch.

It would make sense if the ally would get deaths advance instead of the deadeye who stands still. I do not know if this is the intended behavior, however getting deaths advance in this way without moving across snipers cover seems a little off.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Cast snipers cover with kneel activated
  2. Ally walks across snipers cover with kneel activated
  3. Person who cast snipers cover gets deaths advance instead of the ally even though they haven't moved across snipers cover

I captured some videos for this so I could report it here (first two videos). There is also another potential bug (in the last 3rd video). All of these videos are marked as unlisted on my channel. I don't have much up on there though.

Bug 2: deaths advance pointed at a wall

I also discovered that if you try to cast deaths advance pointed at a wall it doesn't go through if you don't have enough room. I am unsure if this intended behavior or not, however

1. cost: the sound happens and initiative is spent and yet
  2. effect: you go nowhere and are not stealthed.

If this is expected behavior, then there should be no cost if there is no effect (movement + stealth). If it is not expected behavior then this is a bug.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
clarity

Re: your first bug, the ally doesn't even need to be kneeling or on a thief/deadeye. Friend and I tested this a few hours ago and I was on my necro just blithely wiggling back and forth over their Sniper's Cover AoE. They got to shadow step I think 3 to 4 times with Death's Advance off that one cast of  Sniper's Cover before their AoE disappeared. 

1 minute ago, ArCoo.1580 said:

Re: your first bug, the ally doesn't even need to be kneeling or on a thief/deadeye. Friend and I tested this a few hours ago and I was on my necro just blithely wiggling back and forth over their Sniper's Cover AoE. They got to shadow step I think 3 to 4 times with Death's Advance off that one cast of  Sniper's Cover before their AoE disappeared. 

Oh, wow 😮

• ZeroTheRuler.7415 changed the title to [BUG] Deadeye: for skill Deaths Advance

Nice, the first bug is fixed. I hope the 2nd one will get looked at too, although it probably is more complex most likely.

The second bug is as follows. Note: I have also found this also happens when you are positioned going up stairs.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Bug 2: deaths advance pointed at a wall

I also discovered that if you try to cast deaths advance pointed at a wall it doesn't go through if you don't have enough room. I am unsure if this intended behavior or not, however

1. cost: the sound happens and initiative is spent and yet
  2. effect: you go nowhere and are not stealthed.

If this is expected behavior, then there should be no cost if there is no effect (movement + stealth). If it is not expected behavior then this is a bug.

edit: here is a video of it on stairs. There is another video above for the wall issue.

added video link

Last night I tried a few things after noticing deaths advance working going up some less steep stairs in season 1 story. I noticed the following:

• deaths advance works when pointing up less steep stairs
  • deaths advance doesn't work when pointing up on steep stairs
  • deaths advance still doesn't work when facing a wall
  • note: deaths retreat works fine for going up steep stairs backwards and for when a wall is behind you when using snipers cover

Death's advance facing a wall. If the intended purpose is to not allow this then there should be no initiative cost and no sound effect. Death's retreat works just fine so maybe this is a bug with 3D geometry calculations/checks for death's advance specifically.

Death's advance facing up steep stairs seems like a separate issue from death's advance facing a wall, but they may very well be related. Shouldn't this work the same as death's retreat except you are going forward right?