Zephyr's Speed change has killed soulbeast roaming in WvW for me

Melian.5368

I was really enjoying the constant merge / unmerge type of playstyle with the soulbeast when roaming in WvW and Zephyr's Speed was the ultimate incentive to do that. But since Zephyr's Speed no longer triggers when merging/unmerging, I find no point of going out of beastmode ever. The other traits that trigger when merging are also not really worth it.

For example before the change I was able to cleanse an immob by using Zephyr's Speed via unmerging, and the superspeed and quickness allowed me to go agressive. Now when I want to do this (if I don't have eternal bond) I need to go out of beast mode and swap pets, which is an extra action + now I have a different pet which I maybe don't want in that situation. Again, merging right before bursting an enemy with quickness used to be a thing, now it makes no difference as well. Maybe you think this is not a big deal but it really feels much more clunky. 

Can we please make it so that Zephyr's Speed triggers again on merge / unmerge? Maybe only when Eternal Bond is not traited? This change made playing soulbeast really unfun for me.

• Thanks 3

On 12/22/2022 at 1:06 PM, Melian.5368 said:

I was really enjoying the constant merge / unmerge type of playstyle with the soulbeast when roaming in WvW and Zephyr's Speed was the ultimate incentive to do that. But since Zephyr's Speed no longer triggers when merging/unmerging, I find no point of going out of beastmode ever. The other traits that trigger when merging are also not really worth it.

For example before the change I was able to cleanse an immob by using Zephyr's Speed via unmerging, and the superspeed and quickness allowed me to go agressive. Now when I want to do this (if I don't have eternal bond) I need to go out of beast mode and swap pets, which is an extra action + now I have a different pet which I maybe don't want in that situation. Again, merging right before bursting an enemy with quickness used to be a thing, now it makes no difference as well. Maybe you think this is not a big deal but it really feels much more clunky. 

Can we please make it so that Zephyr's Speed triggers again on merge / unmerge? Maybe only when Eternal Bond is not traited? This change made playing soulbeast really unfun for me.

Eternal bond doesn't trigger pet swap traits on swap. Maybe it should?

Adding it contextually depending on your trait is something I don't know if they've done anywhere else.  Seems like a lot of flexibility added on top of the lot we already have.

You can still run boonbeast with merge/unmerge playstyle, as they haven't altered Fresh Reinforcement.  Or should say never changed it as it wouldn't make sense on swap since it's a Soulbeast merge thing.

Outside of that, the Zephyr change just gave you more flexibility on when to trigger it, as for roaming I don't see anything better than eternal bond at the moment.  Leader of the Pack would obviously be a waste if you are mostly solo, and Oppressive Superiority has always been overkill due to the modifiers soulbeast has.