Emboldened/Challenge Motes

Joshua.2704

Been experiencing some trolls in squads, deactivating emboldened when there's no need to do such a thing, since challenge mote won't be activated, and since it will be activated by majority votes, being the commander of the squad does not mean anything.

In my opinion, challenge motes and emboldened motes should be activated solely by the commander to avoid these situations where people will claim that emboldened it's a "easy mode", when it's simply a little boost to the squad and will help clear the fight faster. If you're disatisfied you'll need to re-create the group or just go along with it, and this is kind of uncomfortable.

18 hours ago, Joshua.2704 said:

Been experiencing some trolls in squads, deactivating emboldened when there's no need to do such a thing, since challenge mote won't be activated, and since it will be activated by majority votes, being the commander of the squad does not mean anything.

In my opinion, challenge motes and emboldened motes should be activated solely by the commander to avoid these situations where people will claim that emboldened it's a "easy mode", when it's simply a little boost to the squad and will help clear the fight faster.

If a majority vote from the squad goes through, then it's usually because of 1 of 2 reasons:

1. players misunderstanding or not paying attention, usually cleared up by some explanation in chat. This is where actual trolling might come in and creating dissonance within the group

2. the majority of the squad decided to deactivate it

Emboldened mode is not a "little boost to the squad". It's a rather significant boost even strait out the bat and nearly trivializes some fights.

18 hours ago, Joshua.2704 said:

If you're disatisfied you'll need to re-create the group or just go along with it, and this is kind of uncomfortable.

Actually no, unless it was specifically advertised, if a majority of the squad decides to go with/without emboldened mode, then going by majority rule, the minority would have to recreate the group.

As squad leader you are already advantaged in regards to LFG and usually a larger portion of the random players listening to your instructions (in exchange for taking on all the responsibility). I'd advise communicating with players and offering compromises, for example something along the lines of:"let's give it 1 go without emboldened, we'll activate it if things go wrong".

Or you are free to remove disruptive elements from your squad, that's obviously your final prerogative as lead.

While I personally would follow a commanders decision on this matter (aka if the commander wants to run with/without I'll accept that decision or leave), we have to remember that ultimately the squad commanders main responsibility is in establishing congruence in the squads overall goal, even if this might diverge from his own preference (unless otherwise specified, in which case clearing up the squad from diverging preference is legitimate).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1