Rifle SA Deadeye is my favourite open world build now!

Serperior.6541

I am very satisfied with what ANET did with the Deadeye. Deadeye with dual pistol or dagger/pistol was always good for fighting champions 1v1, but I hated those builds because fighting anything with more than 2 enemies sucked, and if you wanted cleave you had to go for staff daredevil who has really low amount of sustain after the  invograting precision nerf. 

Enter rifle deadeye, now with reworked kneel and reworked shadow arts. Not only now you can deal with multiple enemies by just spamming kneel 2, and using death's judgement without anything being able to block the shot, now you are also able to get huge amounts of sustain due to leeching venoms! Since you are constantly going in and out of stealth, leaching venoms is giving you 6 spider venom stacks everytime, and they each heal you for a huge amount. Not to mention the condi cleanse, intiative and superspeed just for doing the normal rotation!

Overall, I always wanted a thief build which specializes on stealth attacks (basically %90 of the pve thief builds ignores the mechanic., and i can't blame them either.), rifle deadeye, double dagger deadeye, dual pistol deadeye, or pistol dagger was always there but I never liked playing those for the reason mentioned above, but now with the changes to rifle, deadeye is really good for solo open world. Hope Anet continues to improve thief like this.

Edited by Serperior.6541
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AlphaReborn.1567 said:

Which build are you using?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaQAQlFwwYXMJmJW2OqvKA-e  

Really simplified not even active abilities as utilites.

You should have shadow flare and thousand needles ideally but I keep forgetting to use them..

Also picking a venom for quick healing isn't bad either.

Deadly arts might be higher dps than critical strikes, but not getting the crit really screws your malice

21 hours ago, Serperior.6541 said:

I am very satisfied with what ANET did with the Deadeye. Deadeye with dual pistol or dagger/pistol was always good for fighting champions 1v1, but I hated those builds because fighting anything with more than 2 enemies sucked, and if you wanted cleave you had to go for staff daredevil who has really low amount of sustain after the  invograting precision nerf. 

Enter rifle deadeye, now with reworked kneel and reworked shadow arts. Not only now you can deal with multiple enemies by just spamming kneel 2, and using death's judgement without anything being able to block the shot, now you are also able to get huge amounts of sustain due to leeching venoms! Since you are constantly going in and out of stealth, leaching venoms is giving you 6 spider venom stacks everytime, and they each heal you for a huge amount. Not to mention the condi cleanse, intiative and superspeed just for doing the normal rotation!

Overall, I always wanted a thief build which specializes on stealth attacks (basically %90 of the pve thief builds ignores the mechanic., and i can't blame them either.), rifle deadeye, double dagger deadeye, dual pistol deadeye, or pistol dagger was always there but I never liked playing those for the reason mentioned above, but now with the changes to rifle, deadeye is really good for solo open world. Hope Anet continues to improve thief like this.

Wanna know a neat trick for pvp/wvw?

Rifle 2 in kneel. Hold it down with m7 trait and you can do it as long as you get rid of or use all malice...even if the target goes invis the target lock doesnt break, u can lock down stealthed rangers or engineer too! Pisses em off...any thieves out there hollah at me if this works in the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Wanna know a neat trick for pvp/wvw?

Rifle 2 in kneel. Hold it down with m7 trait and you can do it as long as you get rid of or use all malice...even if the target goes invis the target lock doesnt break, u can lock down stealthed rangers or engineer too! Pisses em off...any thieves out there hollah at me if this works in the future!

That sounds like an usefull trick, but I don't play deadeye in pvp and personally hate playing against one.