Request to remove: achievement "Daily Fractal"

gummbum.9254

Not to be confused with achievement "Daily Fractals".

This achievement "Daily Fractal" which comes up every several weeks injects chaos into the Daily Fractals routine. Daily Fractals have enough chaos already due to the nature of people coming and going. It doesn't need more chaos injected by people coming in for an easy Daily checkmark, and then abandoning the group. I've had an entire group do this, we ran one fractal and they all bailed on me. (I bathed that day and was extra nice, so...)

Surely someone's gonna say: never happens in T4, do them; or, just don't do Daily Fractals that day; or, suck it up, whiner. There, I saved you the bother. No thanks necessary. 🙂 Those are workarounds for a problem created by design, not solutions.

The easy solution, in my opinion, is to whack this Daily Fractal achievement. There are other, better ways to entice players into trying fractals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry for your bad experience, having players abandon a group mid run and the LFG nightmare that causes sucks - but I got to be honest, in thousands of Fractals done over years of playing, I've never experienced this as a persistent issue, especially not caused by the Daily System. 

And sure, there might be other and even better ways to entice people into Fractals and other group content - but Anet had a decade to invest into those ways, and clearly hasn't done so. 

I highly doubt removing what little incentives there are would ever see any meaningful replacements, so be careful what you ask/wish for.