What should my second pet be when using eternal bond on soulbeast? PvP

Zuko.7132

It really depends if you wanna be 1v1 focused bunker or a sic em build. Jacaranda can work only as a bunker but siamoth works for both

However in this meta a 1v1 focused build should really be basically the same build as sic em. Sic em has way more boons rn than playing any nature magic build and is hence superior.

I play http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlZwAZesOmJeaXrvsSmWRA-zZIDBtBA

I also 1v1 fine on that but if you wanna be extra 1v1 centric- swap sic em for protect me, take demo amulet also a different heal or elite will work.

you pretty have to be on something like that as soulbeast, unless ofc you wanna play condi but I cannot help you there. Condi is weird to me

I forgot about rotation. Basically swapping pets gives you stability and crazy boons in generally so the more the better.

you can simply burst ppl any time with both pets. In this case smokescale and siamoth. Simply cc them and use the damage skills.

I will say the best damage is by far Siamoth f1, maul. And smokescale is much worse, so focus on cc’ing and at least hitting them with maul for big damage.

other than that really nothing. The more you swap and the more skills you use - the more boons, damage and sustain.

24 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I forgot about rotation. Basically swapping pets gives you stability and crazy boons in generally so the more the better.

you can simply burst ppl any time with both pets. In this case smokescale and siamoth. Simply cc them and use the damage skills.

I will say the best damage is by far Siamoth f1, maul. And smokescale is much worse, so focus on cc’ing and at least hitting them with maul for big damage.

other than that really nothing. The more you swap and the more skills you use - the more boons, damage and sustain.

Should I be going through both siamoth and smokescale skills before unmerging? And should I hold off to time my quickness from petswap with my merge?

28 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

It really depends if you wanna be 1v1 focused bunker or a sic em build. Jacaranda can work only as a bunker but siamoth works for both

However in this meta a 1v1 focused build should really be basically the same build as sic em. Sic em has way more boons rn than playing any nature magic build and is hence superior.

I play http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAMFlZwAZesOmJeaXrvsSmWRA-zZIDBtBA

I also 1v1 fine on that but if you wanna be extra 1v1 centric- swap sic em for protect me, take demo amulet also a different heal or elite will work.

you pretty have to be on something like that as soulbeast, unless ofc you wanna play condi but I cannot help you there. Condi is weird to me

Thank you so much!

3 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Should I be going through both siamoth and smokescale skills before unmerging? And should I hold off to time my quickness from petswap with my merge?

Yeah there are plenty of times you want to hold back so that you can get quickness.

It’s just that is an issue of sustain. You will most likely alway have enough quickness for 1 burst and most of the time using both pet skills is the best for bursting.

so yes most of the time you want to just use both, but in a situation where you don’t need to go all out it is good to hold back until you can get more quickness