Ideas for skirmish ticket sink

Eudaimonia.8695

Not sure if you're reading this ANet, one can never know with you guys, but here are some ideas for a skirmish ticket sink for the people that are drowning in tickets:

- Mist warped bundle: 20 skirmish tickets

- Gift of Exploration, Gift of Maguuma and Gift of Cantha: 500-1000 skirmish tickets

- Trophy Shipment: 20 skirmish tickets

- Leather Shipment: 20 skirmish tickets

- A way to upgrade the legendary WvW armor to a legendary skin, not ascended, like it is now. This one is just wishful thinking (everything is), since it would require additional dev time: 1000 skirmish tickets per armor piece

- War machine skins: 300 skirmish tickets (perhaps some people like them, I personally don't)

- Season 3 and 4 currency boxes like the one from Jade sliver vendor: 20 skirmish tickets

Obviously the numbers can be tweaked, I'm no game economist after all. 😉

That's all I could come up with right now, maybe you guys have some ideas. 😎

Edited by Eudaimonia.8695
  • Sad 1

Love the idea of removing the "Gift of Exploration" grind and so on, but only in the sense that you have to do it at least *once* to unlock a vendor accessible by the character that completed each of those. Then quadruple the price. Even then, I think you'll find it'll go a bit crazy... 

The reason is that you earn them "passively" in WvW while playing the game mode. The reason I don't have lots of legendary weapons is because I hate the grind of map completion (on the old ones) and that's why people put a price on it. If I could swap them for gift of exploration at the mentioned rates - I have 26k of them. Complete 1 legendary, sell it for large profit, and use that to buy the components towards the next and 25 more to manufacture/sell. 

So love the idea of having something to spend them on. Not sure short cutting those horribly annoying time sinks to achieve high tier stuff is the way to do it. But if they did, I absolutely would complete a load of legendary weapons 🙂

Heck even at 10k a pop i'd still be very happy, without being able to abuse it to profit. 

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chips.7968 said:

Love the idea of removing the "Gift of Exploration" grind and so on, but only in the sense that you have to do it at least *once* to unlock a vendor accessible by the character that completed each of those. Then quadruple the price. Even then, I think you'll find it'll go a bit crazy... 

The reason is that you earn them "passively" in WvW while playing the game mode. The reason I don't have lots of legendary weapons is because I hate the grind of map completion (on the old ones) and that's why people put a price on it. If I could swap them for gift of exploration at the mentioned rates - I have 26k of them. Complete 1 legendary, sell it for large profit, and use that to buy the components towards the next and 25 more to manufacture/sell. 

So love the idea of having something to spend them on. Not sure short cutting those horribly annoying time sinks to achieve high tier stuff is the way to do it. But if they did, I absolutely would complete a load of legendary weapons 🙂

Heck even at 10k a pop i'd still be very happy, without being able to abuse it to profit. 

Good points. The reason I went with my price is because of the time investment. 3 Weeks spent in WvW, or 24 hours in total playtime for high rank players (more for low rank players) to get 1095 tickets, equaling one gift . HoT and EoD map completion takes like what, 6 hours? So it seemed like a good tradeoff.

What they could do is have a starting price of 2000 or whatever, and then increase it by 500 for every purchase. This way, people can get a few legendaries without having to spend time in PvE. If they want more, and the prices get to like 5000 tickets, they'd actually have to do the map completion again because it's not really worth it anymore for most players.

• Like 2