Improve rewards based on player kills

April.4765

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Cool, so players can make agreements to slaughter each other quickly for rewards... or is that called win-trading? I forget...

Because 500 kills per tier is not a small number. And since the rewards isnt that "rewarding", i personally doubt that anyone will do this  But who knows.

There is already a mechanism that reduces WXP when you kill someone who was recently killed so you just need to keep track of WXP earned by killing players.  In this case, you kill 500 players who are worth full WXP or some larger number of players that you got partial WXP for.  So kill-trading isn't a big issue.

On 2/16/2023 at 8:29 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

I don't care about the loot at all, but i do care about the gameplay that is shaped by the reward system (which is btw one reason why i belive the game mode used to be better when there weren't any rewards outside of fun). And the current systems aren't doing the game mode a favour imo, and lead to problematic behaviour one way or another as soon they become something worth farming.

I might not agree with you on the mechanics of the reward system, yet I can't  help but agree with you here. People actually came in to have fun and get in a fight, not  just farm a reward track while keeping their participation up. Unfortunately there's no turning back on this. It is what it is.

• Like 1