Skill Performance: Cursed Bullet uses terrain-based LOE?

itspomf.9523

(Technically a repost of this bug, albeit with more details.)

When using the skill Cursed Bullet from the kneeling position (as I have yet to test it while standing), the serpentine trail of the skill appears to follow the contours of the ground rather than spiral around a straight vector through the air. Compare with the projectile animation of Trick Shot.

As a result, any sudden or dramatic change in elevation, such as a wall or downward drop, will cause the projectile to be registered as being Obstructed. Subsequent attacks from any of the rifle's skills, including the use of the LOS-based Deadeye's Mark, will however hit without issue despite how the target has not been struck and thus has yet to move.

This has been tested and reproduced in the following scenarios:

• Outside of the Northern Forged Encampment's eastern edge, atop the rocks by the quicksand against the cannon there.
  • Against a Fanged Iboga in the ponds following the road toward the Temple of Kormir in Elona Reach, along the southeastern borders of it and Kisuni Crossing.

This is a very peculiar bug, as it appears to be the only Deadeye/Rifle skill which acts in this way and otherwise works appropriately on generally level terrain. If anything, I would consider it to be a break in design and player expectation. That this behavior is readily reproducible in relatively trivial scenarios is my main concern with the usability and performance of this skill.

Archived