I would like my sms authentication disabled

If possible, I would like Anet or Guild Wars staff to help me with disabling my  sms authentication.  Last week my cell phone broke and I couldn't get in the game or the forums because I couldn't get any text for my sms code for the game or the forums.  I got a new phone, but I want to disable my sms, just in case something ever happens to my phone again and I can't get on the game or forums again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boxer.5369 said:

If possible, I would like Anet or Guild Wars staff to help me with disabling my  sms authentication.  Last week my cell phone broke and I couldn't get in the game or the forums because I couldn't get any text for my sms code for the game or the forums.  I got a new phone, but I want to disable my sms, just in case something ever happens to my phone again and I can't get on the game or forums again.

From the Knowledge Base:

How can I remove SMS Authentication from my account or change the phone number I use to authenticate?

If you still have access to your old phone, you can remove SMS authentication on the account management page. Simply follow these steps:

1. Click the Security link at the top of the page.
  2. Under Credentials, click the "Edit" link next to 2-Step Verification.
  3. Click "UNLINK YOUR PHONE" to have a new security code sent to your mobile device.
  4. Enter the new code, then click "NEXT" and "FINISH" on the account page.
  5. To keep your account secure, click the "Edit" link next to 2-Step Verification to set up a new authentication method.

If you lose your phone or change numbers, simply contact our support team for help updating your authentication method.

Other Authentication Methods

If you're interested in using the Authenticator App instead of SMS authentication, you can learn more downloading and using the mobile app in this article.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230429447-Help-with-SMS-Authentication

Trouble Logging In

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
more info