Silver-Fed Salvage O-Matic: 0% chance of retreiving upgrades

Mine seems broken. I used it on maaany items over the time and never got a single upgrade back, although it should have a 80% chance?
Just tested it again on 100 cheap armor pieces with runes on them, same with the copper one. 
One could argue, that it also salvages them into crafting material as well, but then again the wording suggests otherwise and other salvage kits behave differently as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tux der Pinguin.3049 said:

Mine seems broken. I used it on maaany items over the time and never got a single upgrade back, although it should have a 80% chance?
Just tested it again on 100 cheap armor pieces with runes on them, same with the copper one. 
One could argue, that it also salvages them into crafting material as well, but then again the wording suggests otherwise and other salvage kits behave differently as well.

The wording says "80% chance of salvaging upgrades", so you won't get upgrades back, they will also be salvaged instantly.

You can compare the wording with the black lion salvage kit, then you will see the difference - "100% chance of recovering upgrades".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tux der Pinguin.3049 said:

its also says "salvaging"materials. So how does that fit together?

As the wording sometimes causes misundestandings how kits work, I agree that it should be made more clear.

But it's not a bug, the only kits that can recover upgrades are the Black Lion and the Ascended Kit, all the other ones will instantly salvage them (only if possible, like for runes and sigils, stones and crests etc. are different, as they can't be salvaged).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tux der Pinguin.3049 said:

its also says "salvaging"materials. So how does that fit together?

the percent for upgrades is the chance that it rolls the salvage rewards for that upgrade (rather than just deleting it).

for example, with the silver-fed, salvaging armor with a rune has an 80% chance to give the items you would get from salvaging the rune individually, on top of the items from the armor, and 20% to give just salvage rewards from the armor and delete the rune altogether. whereas with a runecrafter's kit (100%), you always get the items from salvaging the rune (meaning you always get at least one lucent mote).

Edited by Grahckheuhl.7549
  • Like 2