Specter Trait Suggestions

nopoet.2960

So I spent a little bit of time playing specter last week.  The pacing is much slower than other thief specs so that took a little bit of getting used to.  I was mostly frustrated with lack of stealth access.  Panaku's Ambition is just smirking at me.  You don't have enough initiative to use Cloak and Dagger efficiently and Black Powder + Mind shock requires perfect execution.  I try not to do this with my suggestion but I ended up buffing just about everything.  I just wanted to make it better at doing the things it already does.  

Minor Adept: Unlock scepter. Steal becomes Siphon and your initiative is reduced. Gain access to shadow force through spending initiative, and gain access to Shadow Shroud ability.

Major Adept

1. (new) Deep Shadows - Using Siphon on a foe while in Shadow Shroud ends Shadow Shroud and stealths you.  Using Siphon while in Shadow Shroud on an ally ends Shadow Shroud and stealths the targeted ally.
  2. (new) Iron Shadows -  Gain protection when you shadowstep.  Barriers last longer on tethered ally.
  3. Consume Shadows - Gain stacks of Consume Shadows at regular intervals while in Shadow Shroud. Exiting Shadow Shroud consumes your remaining shadow force and heals allies based on the number of stacks you have gained. Allies that are fully healed receive the rest of the value in barrier.

Minor Master: Dark Sentry - Apply Rot Wallow Venom to allies you grant barrier to. Outgoing healing to allies is increased. Rot Wallow Venom effect cannot apply to yourself.

Major Master

1. (updated) Larcenous Torment - Entering and exiting Shadow Shroud Torments foes around you. Torment you inflict is increased. Gain shadow force when you torment a foe. Does not grant shadow force while in shroud.
  2. (updated) Amplified Siphoning - Cast Lesser Mind Shock when Siphoning. Gain increased shadow force when hitting a foe with Siphon. Grant increased barrier when targeting an ally.
  3. (updated) Traversing Dusk - Dawn's Repose is now a showstep. Heal allies in the area around you when you shadowstep. Gain shadow force for each ally in the radius. Wells grant alacrity on their initial impact.

Minor Grandmaster: Panaku's Ambition - Gain barrier when you strike foes with a stealth attack. When you apply stealth to allies you also grant them barrier. This effect can only be received once and will reset when stealth is removed.

Major Grandmaster

1. (updated) Strength of Shadows - Reduces the cool down of Shadow Shroud skills. Gain expertise based on a percentage of your vitality. Incoming damage from enemies is reduced based on the number of conditions they have. Rot Wallow Venom inflicts torment for a longer duration.
  2. (updated) Hungering Darkness - While in shroud, transfer conditions from your tethered ally and cleanse conditions from yourself. Each condition removed in this fashion heals a percentage of your base health and grants your tethered ally barrier.  Grant Resolution to nearby allies when exiting Shadow Shroud.
  3. Shadestep - Siphon now grants you barrier when targeting enemies, and it revives allies when targeting them. Shadowstepping breaks your barrier and grants it to nearby allies, proportional to the number of allies affected.
Edited by nopoet.2960
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, Zacchary.6183 said:

Nice changes. It seems like you were trying to hit at every playstyle.

Thank you! I was.  One really easy thing Anet could do to help support Specters would be to simply increase the duration of alacrity.  I think it's at 4 secs. now.  If they take that up to 6 it would reduce the pressure to spam wells constantly.  

• Like 1