Best Path to Legendary Armor for a Solo Player. Raids, WvW, or Spvp?

On 4/14/2023 at 1:02 AM, Joker.5016 said:

Hey all! long time casual player since Guild Wars 1.

So, i've been pretty much a solo player, with the occasional guild for social aspects here in there.

I've been wanting to get legendary armor for awhile but felt it was impossible since I havnt been lucky in having a group of people for static content like Raids and such. 

I've been reading a lot and starting to think maybe it is possible for me to get the legendary armor sets, but which set seems the most feasible way to attain for someone like me who hasnt found a guild or group to run with? 

is the Raid set the best way for me? or the WvW or Spvp set? (Now I dont have much experience in WvW or Spvp so thats a thing)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time out to reply and offer some advice!

I got both Spvp and Pve legendary armor sets

PVE fastest but it somewhat requires you to find static or suffer in pugs.

PVE armors also have unique animations, not that important but good to mention.

PVE achievements, worst things in existence , you will come to hate it soon enough.

PVE also requires fractals, get into it.

sPVP takes a long time and also very .. toxic. 😄 stay away from it if you can't bear toxicity. I crafted 1 full light armor set, backpack and transcendence I am not going back to spvp. I guess good thing is spvp gives you lots of gold, not as much as pve but at least enough to cover some cost of legendary armor/backpack/amulet. Winning matches cuts down the time to get legendary set by third. Thats quite a lot but that is also very rare win streak. Expect 50-70% win rate.

WVW only crafted conflux so far, probably worst way to craft legendary armors, takes extremely long time and you spend a lot of gold. Unlike pve and spvp wvw doesn't earn you much money. People mainly do wvw for gift of battle, you will be also doing wvw later for this. TLDR: Use all boosters, stay at t6 participation, do this for several months/years for legendary armor. Extremely time consuming and literally 0 gold income, you can sell some stuff but you need most of them craft legendaries anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

SPVP hands down for solo. This game can be extremely overwhelming for a new or returning player(myself), so I played mostly solo and went with Medium Spvp armor as I main thief. Took me about 3 months solo to complete, I did this specifically to have flexibility when jumping into PVE/WvW content. Now here we are about a 8 Months later I joined a Raiding guild (in December 22') and I have almost completed the Raid Envoy (Light) set, playing very casually mind you.

I'm about 500 Ascended Shards from my Heavy Legendary set. Also Made Vision, Aurora, Transcendence and The Ascension.  I'd also recommend Joining a WvW guild that runs daily thats, another route to legendary set. If you played WvW daily for about 1-2hrs you'll have your set in about 2-5 months. Plenty of paths to legendary, it seems daunting at first but once u sink ur teeth in you'll have it in no time.

Edited by Baked Goods.9428
typo
  • Thanks 1