Make Blighter's Boon a Minor Trait

Zex Anthon.8673

PvP reaper struggles with sustain and maintaining lifeforce. It is one of the primary reasons the class is so heavily reliant on supports.

Replace the grandmaster slot with a defensive trait, this would give Reaper three distinct roles: Power, Condi, and Tank.

This may also open up the possibility for Reaper tanks in PvE.

• Like 1

This seems to be one of these threads were instead of picking the simple solution and adress the trait itself a way to complicated suggestion of shifting mechanics is made, which pretty much always causes unforeseen and unnecessary balancing issues.

The history of Blighter's Boon itself gives you the answer for how much potential for exactly what you ask for the trait has.

Blighter's Boon used to be a tank trait when it triggered for any boon you received - which means also boons from allies. This was absurdly overpowered and changed pretty quickly by ANet. Insane lf generation outside of shroud and insane healing in shroud. Every boonbot became a healer for the reaper.

Edited by KrHome.1920

8 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

This seems to be one of these threads were instead of picking the simple solution and adress the trait itself a way to complicated suggestion of shifting mechanics is made, which pretty much always causes unforeseen and unnecessary balancing issues.

The history of Blighter's Boon itself gives you the answer for how much potential for exactly what you ask for the trait has.

Blighter's Boon used to be a tank trait when it triggered for any boon you received - which means also boons from allies. This was absurdly overpowered and changed pretty quickly by ANet. Insane lf generation outside of shroud and insane healing in shroud. Every boonbot became a healer for the reaper.

When has mechanical changes ever not resulted in unforeseen balance issues? Does that mean we shouldn't do them? How else do you keep the game from becoming dull?

The current meta reaper build is only good because it counters ele in team fights. You still need a support to do anything. Why shouldn't power reaper have access to a bit more sustain? Just look at classes like Holosmish and Untamed with healing built right into the spec.

I never suggested returning Blighter's Boon to what it was before. I just think it should be baseline on reaper, then a better defensive Grandmaster trait can take its place.

I think the idea of the trait is very interesting but I’d like to see it do more. While a simple buff in numbers could fix it temporarily, I’d like to see it become a skill that fits within the life siphon theme of top reaper traits and that has synergy with blood bank