mouse pointer showing up in weird places when activating the radial mount module of Blish HUD

I play with action camera on, and up to a couple days ago I could call the radial menu with no problems. 
About 2 days ago, whenever called, the radial menu pops up all over the place, sometimes even outside of the screen (I play in windowed full screen since day one).  The one thing I remember changing before this started happening was that the keybind I was using (T) was causing marks to appear over other players and interactable objects, so I changed the keybinds that placed markers on the game's interface.
I use a Logitech G600 mouse and I assigned X to the 3rd button to call the mount menu.  A few weeks ago I got this one hand keyboard and changed the keybind on the Blish HUD module to T.  I don't know if this is relevant, but I had some trouble after hooking up the keyboard and had to reset things a few times until everything was working.  Once I fixed the initial issues with the keyboard, things were working fine until a couple days ago.

I have no idea what is causing the problem, as in: I don't know if something changed in the game code itself, if it's something in the module or if I messed something up.  Any help and guidance is appreciated.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Colours from Chaos.3705 said:

I play with action camera on, and up to a couple days ago I could call the radial menu with no problems. 
About 2 days ago, whenever called, the radial menu pops up all over the place, sometimes even outside of the screen (I play in windowed full screen since day one).  The one thing I remember changing before this started happening was that the keybind I was using (T) was causing marks to appear over other players and interactable objects, so I changed the keybinds that placed markers on the game's interface.
I use a Logitech G600 mouse and I assigned X to the 3rd button to call the mount menu.  A few weeks ago I got this one hand keyboard and changed the keybind on the Blish HUD module to T.  I don't know if this is relevant, but I had some trouble after hooking up the keyboard and had to reset things a few times until everything was working.  Once I fixed the initial issues with the keyboard, things were working fine until a couple days ago.

I have no idea what is causing the problem, as in: I don't know if something changed in the game code itself, if it's something in the module or if I messed something up.  Any help and guidance is appreciated.

https://github.com/Friendly0Fire/GW2Radial

Q: What is the "show in center" keybind used for?

A: It's a convenience feature for Action Camera users. When using Action Camera, the cursor is hidden and replaced with a targeting reticule fixed in the middle of the screen. Since that means the radial menu would appear all over the place, that keybind can be used to make it show up in the middle of the screen instead. As a bonus, it'll recenter the mouse to the middle of the radial menu so it's as easy as possible to select a mount and it'll show a temporary cursor so you know exactly where you're pointing.

Unfortunately, I can't make this automatic (i.e. switching to that mode when Action Camera is enabled) without hooking game functions, which would then require this become closed source again to avoid cheaters using it. On top of that, I'd be far more likely to break the EULA, so I'm afraid it's off limits without an official API.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Colours from Chaos.3705 said:

Thank you for the link.  I use Blish HUD, though and if I understand correctly, the link you posted is for another overlay.

Oops, didn't know it's a different radial mount menu, sorry. You can always try uninstalling blish radial (not whole blish hud, just the radial) and using the linked one -I think it's also included in the gw2 addon manager, so installing shouldn't be hard. That's probably not the solution you're looking for, but if the issue you're having gets too annoying, I guess that's something. 😅

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:25 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Oops, didn't know it's a different radial mount menu, sorry. You can always try uninstalling blish radial (not whole blish hud, just the radial) and using the linked one -I think it's also included in the gw2 addon manager, so installing shouldn't be hard. That's probably not the solution you're looking for, but if the issue you're having gets too annoying, I guess that's something. 😅

No problem, this whole stuff is very confusing (at least to me).  For now I'll stick to the module on Blish, but will keep your suggestion in mind.  Thanks for the help and suggestion.  I really appreciate it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1