Steal venom from thief?

Crystal Paladin.3871

Recently started a cm fractal party on 100cm... One condi daredevil, one alacrity specter , condimechanist and few other classes.

At initial 5-10 secs, the condi daredevil complained "I can't play with u guys, he stole my venom" and he left the party and the specter apologized . Idk why he apologized... What does the daredevil mean when he said, "he stole my venom"? 

I precasted sylvari Sylvan hound for condi dps and the spectre might've precasted thieves guild and dd also might've precasted traps or thiefguild idk exactly... Do allied npcs get venom buffs or it priorities party members first? 

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Recently started a cm fractal party on 100cm... One condi daredevil, one alacrity specter , condimechanist and few other classes.

At initial 5-10 secs, the condi daredevil complained "I can't play with u guys, he stole my venom" and he left the party and the specter apologized . Idk why he apologized... What does the daredevil mean when he said, "he stole my venom"? 

I precasted sylvari Sylvan hound for condi dps and the spectre might've precasted thieves guild and dd also might've precasted traps or thiefguild idk exactly... Do allied npcs get venom buffs or it priorities party members first? 

There is a few things to note here.

1. Pre-stacking does not work on 100 CM or on 100 T4 on the final boss. Boons and buffs are cleared at the start including venoms.

2. So, here's the frustrating thing about venoms. There are different types of venoms and with the exception of the heal venom, they apply MAX stacks to 5 party members or clones or thieves guild etc. who are in range. IF thief 1 applies their venoms and then thief 2 applies the same type of venom then thief 2 overwrites thief 1's venom stacks if they are in range. In all honesty this REALLY needs to be reworked because it hamstrings thief to a high degree if there is more than one condi user. I posted something on this a while back for usability.  Here is the topic. Hopefully it enlightens.

Edit: actually basilisk venom allows I think 2 stacks total? In all honestly it's bad design to have stacks be overwritten if thief 2 uses the same damage venom after thief 1 (since it is a LARGE source of damage for condi thief). My previous idea was to have a recharge system like mantras. Maybe it's a bad idea to have charges too, but at least it sort of examines the problem? I think it would defiantly make the soft CC type venoms feel much more reactive.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

understood tq.

so.. the trait leader of pack that shares the soulbeast stances with allies.. do those behave the same way or do they stack up?

I am not sure about that actually. I do know for thief it works out this way even if it's not documented on the wiki.

I asked a friend on snowcrows and from what they said, it sounds like a skill like one wolf pack doesn't  behave the same.