Someone just told me Sword is one of the best weapons on warrior

GamerToad.9248

1 hour ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

Thanks for the elaboration, I will give it a shot.
Would you mind to share the build?

Keep in mind that those are the PvE coefficients. Here are the WvW/PvP numbers:

AA: 0.4/0.4/0.66
SW2: 1.15
SW3: 1.0/2.0
SW4: 0.5/2.0
SW5: 1.0
Flurry is 0.2222 per strike and 1 bleed stack, so has a top end modifier of 2.4442 in all modes, but due to the spread in the channel often hits for far less.

It is a hybrid weapon, but a part of that hybrid nature is the mobility on MH and the defense on OH. Sword on the whole is spread thin, but that gives it some versatility. What it needs overall is for the self root on flurry to be removed, for Rip to be a PBAoE for ease of use, and for Riposte to function like the Ranger and Vindicater GS blocks where it blocks for the full duration of the channel and gives the counter attack as a flipover skill to use for a period of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Greyrat.2378 said:

Thanks for the elaboration, I will give it a shot.
Would you mind to share the build?

Sure, here's the build as it currently stands: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKyAwyRlZwoYeMFGJOSL/peA-zxIY1ojvQCsAiNDCPEcfVCMA-e (edited because I had one wrong trait selected... fixed now, sorry)

I switch out Banner of Defense with Banner of Strength, Tactics, or Shake it Off depending on the fight.

I find I stack and keep might at 25 stacks pretty easy w/o food or banners, so I only pop them during tougher fights.  My cheap food preference is Fried Golden Dumplings.  I don't care that I proc extra might while at 25 stacks, because procing might is the build's sustain... the more I do it the better.

Runes look like an odd choice since by itself the build doesn't proc weakness, but for most fights I don't need the t6 ability to proc.  For tougher fights such as champs, I'll pop the Skale Venom utility which procs it plenty.   The reason I chose it over, say, rune of strength is for the ability to proc might and, thus more heals/sustain.

My biggest challenge with the build is dealing w/ lingering conditions post-fight if I don't equip shake it off.  Another challenge is lack of extra speed, which is solved mostly with mounts or with speed boosts if I find myself constantly chaining fights... highly mobile enemies aren't a problem, though, due to being able to regularly immobilize, leap, etc.

Rifle is my switch-off only for large champion events that I don't want to melee... otherwise, I generally don't use it.  I prefer rifle to lb just as a matter of play style... lb would be a fine ranged switch off, too.

I have some ideas for how it can be modified for WvW... but I don't play melee in WvW, so I've done no testing.  I don't have the hand-eye coordination/reflexes to use melee against PCs no matter the profession or weapon.

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It is a hybrid weapon, but a part of that hybrid nature is the mobility on MH and the defense on OH. Sword on the whole is spread thin, but that gives it some versatility. What it needs overall is for the self root on flurry to be removed, for Rip to be a PBAoE for ease of use, and for Riposte to function like the Ranger and Vindicater GS blocks where it blocks for the full duration of the channel and gives the counter attack as a flipover skill to use for a period of time.

I totes agree with all of this.  

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643
  • Thanks 1