Gift Expansion?

Hi and sorry if this is not the right forum for this.

I want to gift my husband the rest of the expansions we are missing for his birthday coming up but I'm hesitant on purchasing it yet because I don't know if it will come in a code that I can just pass on to him or if they would be locked under my account. I'm going to be getting them too but I don't want to spend twice as much and have to figure out how to refund if both collections are locked under my account.

tldr - are the digital expansions sent as codes in emails so I can give my husband one of them to have under his account?

37 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

As long as you purchase outside the game, you will be sent a Serial Key to give to your husband.  If you purchase in-game, the Key will be automatically applied to your account.

So as long as I purchase say from guildwars2.com store on the browser I'll be ok? Sorry if I'm basically repeating what you said but I'm known in real life to triple heck things first lol

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LuxxyUmbreon.1906 said:

So as long as I purchase say from guildwars2.com store on the browser I'll be ok? Sorry if I'm basically repeating what you said but I'm known in real life to triple heck things first lol

Yeah, you get a serial code sent to your email and you can activate it on any account you want, even if you purchase it from the official site.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, LuxxyUmbreon.1906 said:

You can purchase the expansions from any authorized retailer  and from ArenaNet partners, etc.  All will send Serial Key to your email.