Eye of the Sun story line bugged

I have 2 characters that cannot advance story line because Eye of the Sun is bugged.  You must use silly turret to blow up 2 pots.  The turret will simply not target the pots. Really is annoying making all my Sylvari toons usel;ess because of this.  Made 2 tickets so far.  No reponse yet.  Any Ideas? HELP!!!! I hope someone here has an idea I'm stumped.

3 hours ago, Phread.7506 said:

I have 2 characters that cannot advance story line because Eye of the Sun is bugged.  You must use silly turret to blow up 2 pots.  The turret will simply not target the pots. Really is annoying making all my Sylvari toons usel;ess because of this.  Made 2 tickets so far.  No reponse yet.  Any Ideas? HELP!!!! I hope someone here has an idea I'm stumped.

yuo need to move your mouse to the pots you cant target them any other way it is like when you cast a aoe like elementalist fire staff 5 for example.

I've just tested it, had no problems. The turret works as it should and I was able to land a clear shot on the pots. Did a couple of test to see how buggy the controls really are. Also have taken a look at your first post.

1.) The NPCs stand really close to the turret, which means interacting via 'F' often results in talking to the NPCs. This can be solved either by walking around the turret or right-clicking on the turret. Just hover with your mouse above the turret until your cursor turns into a sprocket. The just right-click twice and you are arming the turret.

2.) If ground-targeting is set to anything but normal, you will have a really hard time.
Please go into your option-menu:
ESC -> Options
In the first tab, scroll down to the headline Combat/Movement
click on the box for Ground Targeting:
set it to Normal

If it is set to Instant or Fast with Range indicator, you cannot aim with the ground-target. You just press the key and it instantly fires into a (from your perspective) random direction. If the option is set to Normal, you press the key once and can control a target-circle with your mouse. And when you press the button again, it shoots where your target-circle is currently aimed to.

In addition, I would recommend to toggle-off action camera for these things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Phread.7506 said:

If by 'made 2 tickets' you mean submitted a Bug Report, there will be no response as indicated in the Bug Report window.

If you mean 'Submit(ted) a Ticket' via the 'Support' link above/below, check your spam/junk folders or log into your Support Account, as any ticket submitted will garner a near-immediate automated response.