[All Gamemodes] - May 2nd Corona Burst Burning Change Feedback - They should remove it.

SleepyBat.9034

Holosmith - Corona Burst: This skill now inflicts 2 stacks of burning for 5 seconds when striking an enemy in PvE only.

I think it would be really a good idea if Anet walked back that change and added Burning to the Crystal Configuration: Storm trait and make it function like Doomfire on Necromancer. This change would be in all gamemodes and it would make Crystal Configuration: Storm actually worth running for some builds, it even fits thematically with the 1% increase in heat generation. Thoughts?

I’m a fan of Corona being good burning.  It’s why we do 2 in the first forge on PBM.  I always felt the old cholo rotation was weird where you hop back out of forge right before the second corona.  With Corona being good it just feels smooth.  Cholo is pretty nice right now and if they want to tune it down I’d rather they knock photon Blitz a little bit.

I also don’t really want Storm to be even more of a requirement for cholo, on PBM you basically need it to keep the rotation going, if you swap it things get messy, but on TRV you can swap it for a ~1k dps loss which I think is a fair trade to get either self barrier or superspeed.

1 minute ago, Jerus.4350 said:

I’m a fan of Corona being good burning.  It’s why we do 2 in the first forge on PBM.  I always felt the old cholo rotation was weird where you hop back out of forge right before the second corona.  With Corona being good it just feels smooth.  Cholo is pretty nice right now and if they want to tune it down I’d rather they knock photon Blitz a little bit.

I also don’t really want Storm to be even more of a requirement for cholo, on PBM you basically need it to keep the rotation going, if you swap it things get messy, but on TRV you can swap it for a ~1k dps loss which I think is a fair trade to get either self barrier or superspeed.

That is interesting, I didn't know Storm was already being used in the PvE dps build.

3 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

That is interesting, I didn't know Storm was already being used in the PvE dps build.

Yeah, it makes forge autos explosions meaning it procs explosions trait Shrapnel for bleeding.  And for PBM it’s key to maintaining the proper heat management for the rotation.  Less needed for TRV and actually swapping off makes heat management easier for when your vigor uptime isn’t there, but it’s still 1k Dps higher to use it.

Adding Burning to Crystal Configuration: Storm could make it a good choice for condition based builds, it would probably be a damage increase over the burning on Corona Burst ofcourse. To be honest I wasn't really excited about Burning on Corona Burst, to me condition damage doesn't really suit Holosmith as a spec. 

If we have to put Burning in it though it makes more sense to be in a projectile skill like that rather than in Corona Burst. Especially since Crystal Configuration: Storm also triggers Shrapnel for the Bleeding as well. 

If after all those years they finally decided Corona Burst needs a buff, they should bring Stability back to Crystal Configuration: Eclipse instaed. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1