Bump up MMR heal to compensate for mending on 20 sec CD in competitive

Hotride.2187

With this (IMO pointless) aim to remove traits that reduce CDs, str traits + mending will lose out a significant amount of hps. The condi cleanse and stunbreak from the reduced CD of shake it off is some compensation (and it shows some forethought, but it will still be less cleanses), but the heal from mending will be less, plain and simple. Compensate with moving the lost hps to MMR. I'm not sure what would be good numbers, but anything will be better than nothing.

Str spb was already not in a great spot when compared to defense spb, I don't see why it should get even worse. As the change is, might as well move to defense and let the build die. I've already done it in wvw, in conquest str spb is literally hanging by threads as is now, even without further nerfs.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3

I was going to suggest adding regeneration to restorative strength for the same purpose, but yeah anything to make up for the loss of sustain would be nice, otherwise strength spellbreaker is probably dead. The only problem I can see with this idea is that it'd also increase bladesworn's healing, so they might need to shave combat stimulant a bit to offset that. 

51 minutes ago, Torq.4926 said:

I was going to suggest adding regeneration to restorative strength for the same purpose, but yeah anything to make up for the loss of sustain would be nice, otherwise strength spellbreaker is probably dead. The only problem I can see with this idea is that it'd also increase bladesworn's healing, so they might need to shave combat stimulant a bit to offset that. 

Agreed.

Strength needs an overhaul.

Just because the minor traits and a specific set of main traits are good, Strength has been treated as the best traitline for a long time.

You look outside of said traits and the problems appear.

Brave Stride and Restorative Strength are useless traits compared to Peak Performance. Now that Peak Performance will not decrease Physicals CD, one might be able to swap trait choices a bit.

I like your idea on restorative strength granting regen, in addition to the might given already. 

Brave Stride gaining stability on movement skills with a 1 sec ICD and dodging granting swiftness.

Then Body Blow needs to deal non-crit strike damage and remove endurance points from enemies, inflicting weakness when crowd controlling an already controlled foe.

And as said, it is time for MMR to become a bit stronger, if not, I would also like it if Aggressive Onslaught did not grant a movement speed increase, rather, quickness applications remove a debilitating condition from yourself.

This could allow for amuch more sustained strength line with numerous options to go for after this nerf on mending and with the hope of increasing build variety.