How about nerfing Thief Stealth Instead?

Jitters.9401

I use that bladesong block all the time on invisible thieves when it is free to use.... or to escape. Virtuoso has next to nothing for escape abilities already.

All this is, is some anet dev who got his underpants all bunched up on an uncomfortable place because a virtuoso out played him. 

For the record, since anet doesn't understand own game. There are a number of "unblockable " combat actions out there.  That block is situational and on a fairly high cooldown with weak as fudge damage. 

Total nonsense.

Edited by Jitters.9401
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 9

7 hours ago, Naxx.6203 said:

If you really believe Virtuoso does have "nothing for escape" then either git gut or change profession.

Just because you trait to run not fight does not mean everyone else does. 

I play Staff with D/P

Sword with D/P

Blink 35 second cool down. No speed boost.

Phase retreat isn't usefully as an escape, only a defense move. 

I won't run veil. 72 second cooldown for incredibly weak stealth. 

I can watch rangers and willbenders run and leap like gazelles.  Thieves can stealth like crazy and teleport away. Virtuoso's not so much. 

So really. What praytell do you run to escape that can even come close to other classes? 

Bladeturn requiem is mediocre at best. No block means it is totally useless.

All this change is (in my correct opinion) is some dev being vindictive that they couldn't destroy a virtuoso who used that blade to block attacks. 

That simple block, even on a 29 1/4 cooldown allows me to run front line and not sit in the back being bored. 

Remember.... there is a dev that runs ele and hates on mesmer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

people in 2k13 still think mesmer is a mobile class.
spoiler alert, its about on par with necro, with reaper being arguably faster.
hurr durr blink only goes so far. 

this ^

Viruoso sword 3 is a leap, but doesn't help too much. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 12:24 PM, Naxx.6203 said:

If you really believe Virtuoso does have "nothing for escape" then either git gut or change profession.

blink and sword leap . thats it. no easy access to swiftness, no superspeed(removed recently) 

if u want to escape on virtuoso pray that your stealth last long enough so u can ooc and mount up. otherwise there is no escape.

then i look at willbender that can run away when it wants to. ive had enemy thieves outrunning my kittening mount. latest balance preview shows D/D ele getting another leap . RESULTING IN 6 LEAPS AND A TELEPORT ON WEAVER .(9 if they take earth shield and fire GS) not to mention they have easy access to swiftness and superspeed aswell.

i mean u are right. if we want mobility we shouldnt play mesmer.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 6/17/2023 at 9:39 PM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

people in 2k13 still think mesmer is a mobile class.
spoiler alert, its about on par with necro,

It isn't about "mobility". It is about skills/abities to allow for a "chance" at escape.

When so many classes can run a mile in under a minute away from combat, while the mesmer is only allowed a snails pace..... yeah.  That is annoying as fudge.  

And ele's have that mist form downed ability.  So many times we see them Mist to the back of zergs or through portals to get revived is also bullcrap. 

I fooled around with a necro just to see what it was like.

With speed runes I was running at +66%speed. With a teleport (with the wurm) plus spectral recall. Spectral recall is what... 50 second cooldown but I have 59 seconds of +66% speed. It was fun but just not for me.

But I did have two teleport abilities and 100% uptime of +66% speed. 

That seems a tad better than the mesmer choices. 

In my opinion anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

It isn't about "mobility". It is about skills/abities to allow for a "chance" at escape.

When so many classes can run a mile in under a minute away from combat, while the mesmer is only allowed a snails pace..... yeah.  That is annoying as fudge.  

And ele's have that mist form downed ability.  So many times we see them Mist to the back of zergs or through portals to get revived is also bullcrap. 

I fooled around with a necro just to see what it was like.

With speed runes I was running at +66%speed. With a teleport (with the wurm) plus spectral recall. Spectral recall is what... 50 second cooldown but I have 59 seconds of +66% speed. It was fun but just not for me.

But I did have two teleport abilities and 100% uptime of +66% speed. 

That seems a tad better than the mesmer choices. 

In my opinion anyway. 

ye ofc, speed runes reaper for example is far faster then any mesmer build you could put up.
And while mesmer sword leap, blink etc help a lot in the short term, necro with speed runes running in a straight line will outrun mesmer eventually, thats without even taking wurm/spectral/reaper dash into account.

• Like 1