Short feedback to June 2023 Beta

PREPARING FOR BETA (Lack of motivation) and matchup balance
Coming into this June beta test, the lack of motivation to organize was noticeable. Coming from a big server community like RoS. There was no significant effort to organize teams. Few days before the beta start couple simple chat messages were sent on discord and couple lucky people managed to find their way into Kazo -based alliance group and I'm guessing a handful of players joined another Alliance mentioned on the discord a week earlier. I'm guessing a big chunk of players were left outside organized beta guilds and went with whatever guilds they had available.

Myself, I went with my old friends from [QWOP]. 
[QWOP] = aka. [Beta] was sorted into Grenth's Door -team with their 100+ experienced WvW players. Surely one of the most stacked WvW guild made for this beta.
Trough RNG, Grenth's Door gained other experienced WvW guilds/gamers and the first matchup felt incredibly easy, outnumbering and often just having more skilled players too.

2nd matchup started 16th - and we were set to fight vs. new teams. Gathered 50 players on discord but called the Friday reset 30minutes later - when there was nothing to be found on empty maps.
Hopefully we'll be able to set up some smaller squads trough the week and find stuff to do.

For the next beta even - hopefully with Alliances implemented in game.
I'd love for you to make sure there is enough communication and even "hype" for the upcoming beta with now Alliances implemented. Repeating the same beta event multiple times with no visible progress to us players isn't motivating enough for people to organize like in the first ever beta event. This beta week has most likely been one of the more unorganized ones in all servers. Not sure if it matters to the feedback you're trying to gather from testing, having more organized teams and guilds (?).

In game mails we got for the Alliance pick were good, do that again - but with proper notice so people have time to pick their alliances/guilds (at least 5 days).

Would you consider sticking to the beta for more than 2 weeks? Since I feel like even with the old system, it takes 3-4 matchups before more balanced WvW tiers are created based on server performance/population. With beta only lasting a week or two, you risk just RNGing people into unbalanced/boring/empty matchups.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

Maybe the summer affects that the activity is non-existent.

This statement of non-existent activity does not line up with overall match data that says there was ~25% more kills and deaths over last weeks weekend compared to last beta back in december. Today is tuesday so it mess up my comparisons, but we're up to almost the same figures now so make that maybe ~15-20% more than last beta.

(as a sidenote, these weekend activities is 40-60% higher than it was after the beta back in december, when everyone was back to normal WvW)

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 1