New guy trouble

Rengyo.9160

I just got myslef on my mesmer ( he`s lvled with boost ) and i`ve got question. Can u tell me what profesion is best for new guy ? I mean rn im doing story line but i wanna get myself into some raids and thats why i have problem choosing. i know chrono is kinda supp champ and rest are rather dmg but which can do what? i mean where does the profesion shine most at ?

Sorry for my English and hope you can help me 🙂

• Like 2

I've played all three over the years, and the Virtouso was definitely the most fun. Don't get me wrong. Chronomancer was fun although it was a little annoying to be unable to use wells underwater. And the one second dodge really didn't help the Mirage, even before this upcoming patch.

By the way, please don't worry too much about your English. You were very clear about what you wanted.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bruakumfd.4817 said:

I've played all three over the years, and the Virtouso was definitely the most fun. Don't get me wrong. Chronomancer was fun although it was a little annoying to be unable to use wells underwater. And the one second dodge really didn't help the Mirage, even before this upcoming patch.

By the way, please don't worry too much about your English. You were very clear about what you wanted.

Thanks man for reply

First glad to hear its understandable bc Im concerned bout my English as i  dont use it to often 😄 

Second i think im gonna go with your advice since its most fun. As a casual i want to have fun while exploring Tyria bit by bit, without having to play piano or learn difficult rotations.

33 minutes ago, ascii.1369 said:

I agree, Virtuoso is probably your best bet. Chrono might turn out be good too after the upcoming patch but it's hard to say right now, would certainly be a gamble.

Chrono's damage isn't changing at all so it'll still be about 39,000 if you're a top tier player.

Adding Boons into this will reduce the DPS less than it did in the previous patch so Quick or Alac will probably be above 30,000.

But Virtuoso can do 37k-38k with half the effort of Chrono and you'll get to that point much quicker with practice.

So if you REALLY want to go Chrono you can but it's completely pointless to unless the challenge is what you're wanting.

Well yesterday I converted my Chrono into a Condi Virt...

But I'm tempted to go ahead and get Runes to use it as a Power Virt. 

Looking at the builds I only ever seeing Signets used for Condi which I find boring. It looks like I'll be able to use the Utility skills more with Power so I'll be looking around to see if it would be worth switching.

3 hours ago, Valician.4987 said:

Would you recommend power or condi Virt? I'm fairly new myself. Mostly into instanced PvE and Open world. 

Condi Virt has more sustain and better CC to pull trash mobs. However, Power Virt is more bursty and therefore deals more easly with trash mobs damage wise. Both are perfectly good builds, just something to consider.