stunbreak playability and viability (pvp/wvw)

George Steel.1804

revs already have issues with hard CC and stunbreaks - we know this

can we please, however, improve playability around existing stunbreaks? it feels terrible to cast darkrazor/pain absorption/great dwarf rite to break a stun in a tough situation, only to be forced into completing the cast to gain the benefit of the skill. as it currently stands most of the time these abilities are used then immediately dodge cancelled out of to avoid further followup damage or CC 

if we could move these to instant cast i think it would go a long way, plus it greatly improves the feel of these abilities. even rite could be tuned down percentage wise and move to instant cast, allowing us some meaningful counterplay option versus power burst 

g

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

pain absorption is more then fine cast duration, it is really fast cast and noting wrong with. Rite of the great dwarf make it 0,75-0,5sec instead with 35 energy instead of 40 energy in pvp, WvW 40 energy otherwise it becomes spam

Such cast times aren't really a problem in pvp, little prediction thinking in what openents do and their is no problem 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Dark razor should just be useable without ground targeting.  Just make it cast on character spot.

the targeting gives it an unique play how to use it. If the problem is getting it off, just hold mouse to ur character and spam that keybind. It will now look like cast on character spot.

Also don't try to nerf stuff that is already nerfed, arenanet has tendency to make such a useless nerf 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

pain absorption is more then fine cast duration, it is really fast cast and noting wrong with. Rite of the great dwarf make it 0,75-0,5sec instead with 35 energy instead of 40 energy in pvp, WvW 40 energy otherwise it becomes spam

Such cast times aren't really a problem in pvp, little prediction thinking in what openents do and their is no problem 

they definitely ARE a problem in pvp (top100 spvp rev here!) against good players CC is always chained, and with low/no access to stab inherently we suffer from these cast times. almost no other profession has the same issue with stunbreaks. SYG, shake it off, shadowstep, blink, etc etc, the list goes on. if you introduced followup cast times to those abilities people would be in uproar

11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

the targeting gives it an unique play how to use it. If the problem is getting it off, just hold mouse to ur character and spam that keybind. It will now look like cast on character spot.

Also don't try to nerf stuff that is already nerfed, arenanet has tendency to make such a useless nerf 🙂

How is that a nerf?  You would just use the skill at your current location.  There’s no change to the skill other than that.  A stun break needs to be quick. You can’t be bothered with a second delay or that means death. 

If you have a problem with getting ccd after stunbreak, just invocation trait for stability instant on stunbreak before cast is completed.

Also except stunbreak the abilities can be used differently then only for stunbreak, so that's why a small cast time.

About removing the choice of placing razor cc stunbreak wherever you want, it hurts freedom in choices how to use it. Again, such ability can be used outside stunbreak.

It all matters how you time, when is needed and idc if you are top 100 rev. In my eyes it seems like a l2p issue if the cast time is 0,5 seconds to complete and might need better positioning

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It all matters how you time, when is needed and idc if you are top 100 rev. In my eyes it seems like a l2p issue if the cast time is 0,5 seconds to complete and might need better positioning

now you sound like the captain of the titan submersible, not taking into account the expert opinions. and we know how that ended up. 

glaring resolve is a possible solution sure, and I have run this trait, but it directly competes with cleansing channel, which is widely considered as very necessary. if cleansing channel was baked in, i could see glaring resolve IMPROVING the situation, however it's still 1 stack of stab which will get stripped immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, George Steel.1804 said:

now you sound like the captain of the titan submersible, not taking into account the expert opinions. and we know how that ended up. 

glaring resolve is a possible solution sure, and I have run this trait, but it directly competes with cleansing channel, which is widely considered as very necessary. if cleansing channel was baked in, i could see glaring resolve IMPROVING the situation, however it's still 1 stack of stab which will get stripped immediately. 

allright if you want to do it like this. I have been in the top 100, guess that makes me an "expert" lmfao.

I never had this problem what you described, even big teamfights, when I played right(without stab trait). And when it on rare occasion was a problem, it was a me fault

So what can we conclude about 0,5 sec cast time, it's a l2p issue.

From further looking into some of your comments, you having a trouble even with centaur stance. You got to use salvation traitline and healing power amulet, like intended. Centaur stance is really nice reworked already and works more then perfect. Also same thing it requires getting used snd not expecting from instant being good at it, l2p issue again.

Do with this what you want, if you want to stay ignorant and having a l2p issue, then stay having this problem 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

35 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Centaur stance is really nice reworked already and works more then perfect

This simple statement invalidates your incoherent rambling. Centaur stance has always underperformed and therefore goes nearly completely unused. In every gamemode. 

I don't "stay having this problem" I simply don't use underperforming revenant stances. There's a reason Jalis, Shiro, and now Vindi see nearly all PVP related playtime, and it's because of stunbreak and stability. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, George Steel.1804 said:

This simple statement invalidates your incoherent rambling. Centaur stance has always underperformed and therefore goes nearly completely unused. In every gamemode. 

I don't "stay having this problem" I simply don't use underperforming revenant stances. There's a reason Jalis, Shiro, and now Vindi see nearly all PVP related playtime, and it's because of stunbreak and stability. 

This simple statement invalidates your incohorent rambling. If you don't take your time to learn and the many options + ways how to play it, combos. Then I can only see it as a l2p issue

• Confused 2