Weaponmaster Training/New Weapons - what are you looking forward to?

Shagie.7612

I was hoping for warri main hand pistol... it would have been awesome to ranged poke from 900 with shield and then switch to sword/axe hopp on target and spin the hell out of it 😄 Well, another close combat weapon 😛 (if pistol is not theme friendly, throwing spear like paragons would be awesome too)

3 hours ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Untamed - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Manual pet control listed under "profession mechanic" with Unleash.

This? 

Your pet will not use their first and second skill automatically, you will have to command them to use it manually through F1 and F3.

If so, I think that's just a badly worded explanation of how the actual unleash pet skills work--because you can set F1-F3 to auto now on the 'leashed' version. 

That, or whoever updated the wiki never updated the Untamed page to mention auto-attack, probably because that's a baseline feature like full pet control should be.

As in, the fact you can control F1-F3 is more of a 'happy accident' around Untamed design because it'd be super jarring to have unleashed control then leash the pet and only be able to use F2.  I really don't think they planned that one out.  

Anyway, my comment was more of a one-off around my personal thoughts about flexibility and don't want to derail the topic too much with it.  

While ultimately, unlocking weapons is fine, the thing which will become very apparent is anet's parasitic reliance on passives to "balance" the power of certain set-ups.  You'll generally just get powercreep or zero change (followed by disappointment).  Experimentation is a given, but the classes will be "solved" quickly, and then you'll likely get no real changes once the new meta establishes itself.

If you want actual changes, you'd need to cull the overall grip that traits have on gameplay so that action impact can transfer back into active abilities.  If choosing your skill bar set-up had an real opportunity cost or risk associated with it, then you'd get more engaging gameplay; but, as it stands, passives are intentionally designed to carry most players through what would otherwise be any significant down-sides that would go along with choosing any given weapon combination.  By passives, this definitely includes things such as the specialization-specific gimmick abilities; ESPECIALLY the ones which dump extra skills into a skill bar for without any significant trade-off:  gimmicks such as Celestial Form, Dragon Trigger, Holo Mode, every Elementalist spec getting a bunch of extra skills, etc.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:26 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Apparently, there's no lock on weapons anymore, so you can use any weapon your class can use with any elite (or core).

Now the numerous reasons this is a horrible balance nightmare are probably apparent, but I guess every game has to end sometime.

They should at the very least keep it out of sPvP because there is no possible way they rebalance all skills not to tie to e-spec in a month. 

Meaning for me, as a ranger main, there is zero chance they revamp hammer to something meaningful that doesn't rely on Untamed specific items like the ambush and the flip skills.  They will also most likely half kitten it so that pets control isn't opened up to all specs even though the weapons are...

I think you're going to be surprised by how much they have done to make the weapons work well with each spec.

Lets be honest, even though we get disappointed, gw2 is the best combat system of any game. It'll take time to balance, but it's going to be a lot of fun! 

• Haha 1