Why must the rest of us pay the price for some to build quickness?

Tyrian Mollusk.1563

I enjoyed Fire for Effect, because I enjoy getting and using the stolen skills much more than the longer malice stacking.  It's so wrong to just completely gut the stolen skills system if we take that one trait-- a trait that isn't even the quickness GM trait!  We should be safe from quickness ruining other things, but instead there are not just two of thee traits dedicated to quickness but FFE reaches into the entire stolen skill system and rips away anything else.  Not to mention ruining One in the Chamber the same way until that bug gets fixed.

I don't want to be quickness provider on my deadeye, and that option should not come by just ruining things the rest of us enjoy.

If this has to be done, obviously put it where it belongs in the quickness GM trait.  That's for the quickness people.  Don't only TAKE AWAY from non-quickness people.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I also wondered why they did Not use the existing quickness trait. But in the other Hand the combination of constant quickness uptime and the stat bonuses would have been too much. Now you have to make a tough choice. Either constant quickness for you and your Party or an occasionally buffed quickness solely for you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyrian Mollusk.1563 said:

I don't want to be quickness provider on my deadeye, and that option should not come by just ruining things the rest of us enjoy.

What got ruined? Stolen skills got buffed. If you don't want to buff other people why take fire for effect? We have plenty of self might and fury. Please post your very specific build that go "ruined"  by this change. I'm sure we can fix it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tyrian Mollusk.1563 said:

I enjoyed Fire for Effect, because I enjoy getting and using the stolen skills much more than the longer malice stacking.  It's so wrong to just completely gut the stolen skills system if we take that one trait-- a trait that isn't even the quickness GM trait!  We should be safe from quickness ruining other things, but instead there are not just two of thee traits dedicated to quickness but FFE reaches into the entire stolen skill system and rips away anything else.  Not to mention ruining One in the Chamber the same way until that bug gets fixed.

If this has to be done, obviously put it where it belongs in the quickness GM trait.  That's for the quickness people.  Don't only TAKE AWAY from non-quickness people.

The stolen skill system. Do you mean the stolen skills that all do the same thing, just with a different boon/condition application depending on target? If you had a build revolving around what conditions deadeye stolen skills apply, you were probably the only person in the game who even paid attention to it outside of deadeyes blinding other thieves to avoid a backstab. 

I'm sorry if you feel left out by this change, but that's the risk with playing non meta builds that focus on little used mechanics. The more obscure the mechanic, the more likely it is to get totally destroyed in favour of the meta. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2