GW2 and Shadows

Now that we're finally in DX11 (thank you Devs!) I was wondering if there are any near plans to fix the Shadowing performance issues in the game. Going from High to Ultra in most areas you can see a 30-40 FPS difference, and that's on a 4070 Ti and Ryzen 5950x. It's always been one of the biggest performance hitters.

Anyway, hoping this is something coming down the road ❤️ I love Ultra but it just eats up too much FPS

• Sad 1

I find the constant flicker issue with shadows in many locations worse than the FPS drop, to be honest, which - btw - is less significant on my system.

Hope those annoying flickering shadows get fixed. A good place to spot them easily is to fly to the little cave island to the southwest of the Lily of Elon on your Skyscale, along the southern wall side.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I find the constant flicker issue with shadows in many locations worse than the FPS drop, to be honest, which - btw - is less significant on my system.

Hope those annoying flickering shadows get fixed. A good place to spot them easily is to fly to the little cave island to the southwest of the Lily of Elon on your Skyscale, along the southern wall side.

Yep I've seen those too! Very annoying lol
Also for the FPS drop, it depends on where you're actually at in the game. I notice huge drops when in HoT area with Ultra Shadows, but in other areas maybe 10 FPS. DX9 shadowing has never been good but now that we have DX11 maybe it can be fixed in future 🙂

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...