Will Secrets of Obscure be available via amazon.com. Update: Its available now!

57 minutes ago, Phasma Phasmatis.4305 said:

Simple enough, I had enough gift card money on amazon, that I got as a gift earlier in the year, that covered the full price of the expansion.

Another valid reason is some people don't have credit cards. Someone like a teenager without a credit card can take their saved up cash down to their local general store or gas station, pick up a 3 pack of $10 amazon cards or load $28 dollars onto the $25-500 custom amount cards and then buy the expansion from amazon.

A lot of people still deal in cash and being able to get a card at a local store for cash that you can use digitally is a godsend to those without credit cards and for parents that want to buy their kid the game but don't want their credit card or bank info on their child's account.

And this is a reason I give money not gift cards since its locked to a store.

Never understood the mentality here I got this money yea that can be used everywere lets buy some paper that only work in a single store and give it to people.

Edit

Why not use a prepaid card instead of amazon bucks?

A prepaid card is a card you can use to pay for things. You buy a card with money loaded on it. Then you can use the card to spend up to that amount. A prepaid card is also called a prepaid debit card, or a stored-value card. You can buy prepaid cards at many stores and online.

Edited by Linken.6345

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

And this is a reason I give money not gift cards since its locked to a store.

Never understood the mentality here I got this money yea that can be used everywere lets buy some paper that only work in a single store and give it to people.

Edit

Why not use a prepaid card instead of amazon bucks?

A prepaid card is a card you can use to pay for things. You buy a card with money loaded on it. Then you can use the card to spend up to that amount. A prepaid card is also called a prepaid debit card, or a stored-value card. You can buy prepaid cards at many stores and online.

Prepaid cards usually have a activation fee at the store of $3-5,  Amazon and Steam cards have no activation fee.