Ranked Decay

Dave.1964

Hello,

I played my last ranked game on Friday. Then one more today, 3 days later. I won my game and won 13 skill rating. After the game ended, the system deducted one point. So I got 12 points total. 

My question would be, how does ranked decay exactly work?

Thanks

Yeah it actually states that the grace period is three days. I had exactly three days between my two games, so this shouldn't have affected me at all, yet it did. It also states that after the three days, you lose each day 100 points, max. 700. You can get those back of course. That still doesn't explain the -1 Rating I had after three days.

Just now, shion.2084 said:

I find its 3 days to the second.  Not three game days.  In case that makes a diff.   

Okay but why did the game deduct -1. The website you sent me states that you lose each day 100 and after every game played you get 100 back. So there should be no difference at all. For example I played on Friday, then today, that is three days, won the game, got 13 points, game deducted 1. So I got 12 points total. 

That is what I don't understand.

Just now, chromodynamix.2495 said:

No, it goes by the in-game clock.  You can toggle the in-game clock to display on your map in the in-game settings.

Alright but the website that Shion linked says that you lose 100 every day. Yet I played one game after 3 days, won and got 12 instead of 13 ranking because of -1 decay. So it doesn't add up.

3 hours ago, Dave.1964 said:

Alright but the website that Shion linked says that you lose 100 every day. Yet I played one game after 3 days, won and got 12 instead of 13 ranking because of -1 decay. So it doesn't add up.

I guess decay is continuous? So you had 1 decay from your 3 days + halve an hour inactivity. For each game you play you get 1 day worth of decay removed. That is normally 100. So on a win you "get" 112 rating or on a lose you "get" 82 rating.
You probably got 12 real rating and 1 decay point removed. The fact you only had 1 decay point just made it less obvious what decay does. If you are inactive for a week it is much clearer how it functions.

30 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

I guess decay is continuous? So you had 1 decay from your 3 days + halve an hour inactivity. For each game you play you get 1 day worth of decay removed. That is normally 100. So on a win you "get" 112 rating or on a lose you "get" 82 rating.
You probably got 12 real rating and 1 decay point removed. The fact you only had 1 decay point just made it less obvious what decay does. If you are inactive for a week it is much clearer how it functions.

That actually makes sense. Thank you!