Trading Post Error - time out (SOLVED)

When the last major patch droped I have had issues with the TP, might just be a coincident with the patch tho but -

I get this error just like a millisecond at times, for hours at others and sometimes for days, can only access the gemshop website, the TP website time out (and sometimes the currency exchange also time out but less frequent)

I belive I have let forward the right webpage (and gw2 itself) in my antivirus; 2gemstore.staticwars.com - (I belive these are older but put them in exeptions anyway,  exchange-fra-live.ncplatform.net, tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net).
But I can't access any of these pages so I might be wrong, someone who knows the address?

I have made a ticket about this - it was not resloved and was told it's my internet providers fault (not sure how tho as it have worked for almost 11 years) - I have a steady city fiber broadband 100/100 mbit/s with 5-10ms

Is ther anything I can do more on my part? Please help me 🙂

EDIT: We are 2 people on the same internet IP that share the router and both have the same GW2 TP problem - it's the same timing, when one has little problems the other has too, when one has problems for days the other also has, so very much connected in that way

Edited by Saga.4102
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Saga.4102 said:

(I belive these are older but put them in exeptions anyway,  exchange-fra-live.ncplatform.net, tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net)

The "fra" part will vary by country. The default (NA) is tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net, and everyone uses tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net. For a quick test, you can access humans.txt in your browser (https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/humans.txt, dfw, fra).

If you can access guildwars2.com, it's the same server as these addresses. Flush your DNS.

1 hour ago, Healix.5819 said:

The "fra" part will vary by country. The default (NA) is tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net, and everyone uses tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net. For a quick test, you can access humans.txt in your browser (https://tradingpost-live.ncplatform.net/humans.txt, dfw, fra).

If you can access guildwars2.com, it's the same server as these addresses. Flush your DNS.

I tried to flush the dns (successfully) I can access all links but the fra, The fra website did I originally get from a forum post (reddit) - may it be france? if it was different for different countires? I am not in france so that might be why?

Edited by Saga.4102
  • Sad 1

The -fra- part varies by country, so you can't rely on what someone else posted, unless you're NA, then everyone is -dfw-.

If you can't access -fra-, you can't access the EU web server. tradingpost-live for comparison is either EU or NA, depending on which you're closer to. Since you can access that one, you're either NA, or your DNS for -fra- is wrong, or -fra- is being blocked.

Compare your DNS:

nslookup tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net

With Google's DNS:

nslookup tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net 8.8.8.8

If they're both have the same addresses, you know your DNS is okay. If they're different, your DNS provider is outdated.

Also, clear the cache, as it can actually cache blank pages. Delete all folders beginning with gw2cache from the %temp% folder, or run the command:

for /d %n in (%temp%\gw2cache-*) do rd /S /Q "%n"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

Also, clear the cache, as it can actually cache blank pages. Delete all folders beginning with gw2cache from the %temp% folder, or run the command:

for /d %n in (%temp%\gw2cache-*) do rd /S /Q "%n"

I have done this but it didn't help. Mind you that it's 2 PCs with 2 GW2 on the same router and IP/DNS that have the same problem, so no cache problem to begin with - the problem mirror eachother, both have microseconds of connection error or hours to days of error at the same time. As soon as it works for one PC it works for the other.

I have my DNS but not sure how you mean to comapre - I need instructions on how to do that 🙂
I have an ongoing ticket but they are doing a dxdiag (as they have before but no results) at the same time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saga.4102 said:

I have my DNS but not sure how you mean to comapre - I need instructions on how to do that

Open a command prompt and enter the command:

nslookup tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net

It should give a response like this:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net
Addresses:  3.65.68.1

You should have the same addresses (3.65.68.1 and 18.194.119.131). If you do and you can't access humans.txt, you don't have a connection to EU / it's being blocked. If they're different, your DNS is outdated, so switch to Google.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Healix.5819 said:

You should have the same addresses (3.65.68.1 and 18.194.119.131). If you do and you can't access humans.txt, you don't have a connection to EU / it's being blocked. If they're different, your DNS is outdated, so switch to Google.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    tradingpost-fra-live.ncplatform.net
Addresses:  3.77.131.187

This is what I got, so will try switch to google then

Edited by Saga.4102

Thnx so much ❤️ It was instantly solved with the google puplic DNS

EDIT: Can just add that the TP loading is far mor faster then before, I can sell stuff instantly and before I had to wait 4-5 sec before the item loaded

Edited by Saga.4102

• Sylphina.7318 changed the title to Trading Post Error - time out (SOLVED)