Regional Pricing

I'm from Turkey, Steam prices are lower by around 50% and it hurts 😕 I made my lil bro download it and returned to the game but I don't have end of the dragons or the expansion that'll release. Both of them cost 1300+ of my currency here, I wish I had a chance to connect this account to Steam... Any news on if it'll be possible or not? It would be so easy to get the dlc's and buy gems through Steam, especially on sale. I might be able to only buy the standard editions of the dlc's here one day and I'm not sure. Luckily my brother is using Steam haha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, auxtran.6210 said:

do not extol the concept of royalty more than the king himself as a peasant. just do not!

first post has an accurate point; gw2 is serving to several regions but countries within each region do not share the same level of wealth. turkey, in this example, had received a dramatic loss of value in its currency recently; this loss grows daily, too. steam is aware of this loss, and manages to regulate prices. owner of the first post just writes a petition here. why on earth you had seen yourself fit to reply this post with such a sardonic attitude?

since you are a "very casual player" as your signature gouges us, i humbly but at the very same time highly recommend you to not to interfere the situation between the king and the subject. know your place, and act within the circle you were permitted.

as a turkish citizen in real life and having an -almost- 10 y/o character in tyria, i do not thank but curse you for being such an arrogant comrade in this artificial commonwealth.

let the officials do their jobs. know your place.

PS: i wish my first post on this forum wouldn't be that ferocious but we suffer enough in real life. we do not want to suffer in virtual one. symphatize before writing generic replies, please.

Something something vpn buy games cheaply.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/31/2023 at 10:34 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Unlikely for ArenaNet accounts to link to Steam in the near future, as ArenaNet loses money on each transaction. 

Yeah I think most business are in the businesses to generate a profit, not lose income so I think your statement is accurate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm also from Turkey and almost all games use localized pricing on Steam especially for optional in-game content like Gems. I would really like to make in-game purchases to support GW2 but the pricing is so unrealistic it literally converts Euro into Turkish Lira like an exchange office. I already purchased expansion packs even though they're expensive for me but Gems are on a whole different level that it's really unlikely and unrealistic for anyone to buy them with my currency. They're almost more expensive than the expansions themselves which is weird? I know it sounds like it wouldn't be profitable to have localized prices for Gems but in the long run it would benefit the game more since players would have the ability to at least purchase them if they chose to instead of laughing at the ridiculous price and closing the tab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for all the support! I think I made a mistake with the prices too in my post which is horrible because I said End of The Dragons and Secrets of The Obscure cost 1300+ in total but they actually cost above 1600 TL. Price comparisons of each one looks like this, 888 TL from the GW2 store vs 447 TL on Steam for End of The Dragon, 740 TL from the GW2 store vs 481 TL on Steam for Secrets of The Obscure.

I'll just have to wait for a good sale for about 50% and pray I have money at the moment but I know the new dlc won't be getting a sale any time soon let alone getting that good a sale. I know it's noone else's problem but it's already hard to buy games here at this point due to insane inflation and our economy, if I manage to buy the dlc's, it'll be cool, still going to sting. If I want gems? No way I can purchase, I'll have to grind for gold in-game. Don't get me wrong, it's cool that I can even do that but alternatively, there could be regional prices and I would end up paying more to the game over time since gems would be affordable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1