1vs1 warm up followed by core Warrior versus espec willbender

prototypedragon.1406

1 hour ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I know  we all are still waiting for more light to grace warrior, but if a core warrior  can still slap a espec there may still be a sliver of Hope for warriors future and return to grace. What do you all think? https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wct5kOj_i-M&feature=share7

I'm going to assume this was a montage video, by which case those quite literally really only show a few of the fights out of the many that took place. Just because you see a video of someone doing well with a class does not necessarily mean anything, because they are only a few clips taken out of very many, many other instances of gameplay.

I think most people here can tell you that they 100% have moments where they beat any elite spec at some given point in time with Core Warrior or Berserker or Spellbreaker or something in a 1v1. Happens a lot, honestly, but Warrior not beating things is by a large margin not the issue. The issues Warrior has don't have anything to do with any given players ability to beat another class, the issues relate to the tools at Warrior's disposal (or lack thereof) and the function of the class in comparison with everything else available in the game. Warrior has a significantly steeper learning curve in competitive modes than most other classes because of their lack of tools available to them while also going directly up against those exact same tools because other classes have them, yet we have ANet out here creating more "ease of access" or "easier accessibility" into other classes while Warrior is just routinely left out in the cold.

Again it has nothing to do with ability to beat other classes, its about how while for everyone else it seems they are climbing a hill...people playing Warriors are comparatively climbing a mountain (in competitive modes).

Edited by KryTiKaL.3125
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I'm going to assume this was a montage video, by which case those quite literally really only show a few of the fights out of the many that took place. Just because you see a video of someone doing well with a class does not necessarily mean anything, because they are only a few clips taken out of very many, many other instances of gameplay.

I think most people here can tell you that they 100% have moments where they beat any elite spec at some given point in time with Core Warrior or Berserker or Spellbreaker or something in a 1v1. Happens a lot, honestly, but Warrior not beating things is by a large margin not the issue. The issues Warrior has don't have anything to do with any given players ability to beat another class, the issues relate to the tools at Warrior's disposal (or lack thereof) and the function of the class in comparison with everything else available in the game. Warrior has a significantly steeper learning curve in competitive modes than most other classes because of their lack of tools available to them while also going directly up against those exact same tools because other classes have them, yet we have ANet out here creating more "ease of access" or "easier accessibility" into other classes while Warrior is just routinely left out in the cold.

Again it has nothing to do with ability to beat other classes, its about how while for everyone else it seems they are climbing a hill...people playing Warriors are comparatively climbing a mountain (in competitive modes).

Which I agree with, in short it was mostly a fight using hammer and mace/shield combo combined with old school shouts using full soldiers.   That went against a newish player then followed by one that seemed to be decently experienced in pvp/ wvw combat.  While using the warrior build With no use of stability aside from a single stun break, while dealing with blind spam  while only utilizing shouts , and combating stability stacks without using sigil of absorption. Which in itself can be difficult to combat with the designed build which also lacked having the  trait that gives resistance when dodging.  Along with no boon removals . I have played core  warrior since launch, and honestly anymore it is difficult to play warrior. But after playing it for well over a decade in wvw I find it hard to swap to anything else. In a way I'm still living in the past of the glory days of warrior. And getting new tools or ways to improve our utilities along with many of our outdated weapons and  reversing the punishment for missing burst skills to where at one time even if you missed a burst skill you would still maintain your full adrenaline would be greatly welcomed and needed. However the question is if anet would put warriors needs on the table more or just shove us off in the corner as usual.