Why hasn't this been done yet? (Joko vs MadKing), to Developers!

Rubberkitten.3751

This needs to happen developers. A new lore of the background of the Mad King how he became, how he ended, and how he had a war against Joko. There needs to be

a playable lore story about the war against King Joko. It would be epic to play as the Mad King in war, and even have your own character run around in a time warp story where he falls in

time at the era of the Mad King, and helping him aid in the war against Joko. The rewards can be a drop bag or (useful), items and it make a great addition for the

Halloween event, since this would take time, try 2024 or 2025. Have the story explain on his Son, and the Father, he said in the Labyrinth he was buried in the box (coffin).

Also can included  a new Halloween fractal that can be done daily only during the event and can receive bags of candy, and even rare to legendary drops like the Mad Kings sword, and other things. I know there is a pumpkin flaming armor skin but we need accurate Mad King attire so maybe have that be like an adventure in finding pieces to make the armor or skin like a quest.

This needs to be done, its a great idea i can promise you that because it adds content and lore to what you see new is Joko and Madking at the Labyrinth talking to each other, they dont like each other, and reading the lore about the two just begs to see what happened. Why did he hate him so much, they are both evil.

Every Halloween doesnt have to be bland and the same boring things we see every year. The event needs something new every year or at least every other year. So that it gives people a reason to come back and play  the event. New raptor races, maybe even make a haunted roller beetle track. You have monsters to run over, and have some be big so you have to run around and if it hits you, you are toast.

Im a world builder, and character designer, its what i do. Went to college for it.
I encourage this lore because its just asking for a playable lore story. Its gotta be done. It will be a great addition to the game, and to the fans. Make it epic where the fighting goes crazy, theres a lot going on in the lore, and big bosses. Not the bosses in the Labyrinth, we talking real big boys. Make something of a Skeletonal Bone Dragon with fire or green fire like the clock towers smoke, it be a Fallen Mad Dragon that the Mad King once had to fight. He hated this thing because it nearly killed him last time. Make it look creepy, intimidating, and screeching like a banshee and like a trex. This can happen in a location in the open world in Tyria seasonal only where the Dragon tainted the area, tainted a City, zombies crawling around, monsters etc, wraiths and what not. Defeating the Dragon will bring the City back to normal, can become a new town to walk and talk to npcs, get useful things from the shop, have a bank, trading co shop etc but when the dragon comes back to spawn again, you see the towns people turn into monsters  and its on. People run for safety, and you have to be there to save the town or city.

I can come up with all sorts of ideas. Please developers, please consider the lore of Mad King and King Joko. Bring new stuff to the event, the Halloween event tends to get boring after seeing the same thing every year.

Dont add this for me, you are adding this for everyone who is a fan of the game and its lore. This is for content in the game, and story to explain because you randomly added the Mad King but no explanation in the game in why and where, and why hes in Tyria, and why there was a deal between Tyria and the Mad King's Realm? I found stuff in the gw2 wiki but this needs to be in the game, not just in a wiki that every was explained in the game. I mentioned this to some people and they were like, yeah that be bad kitten. See Mad King go at it with Joko.

Also BRING DINKY BACK!! The beginning story side characters you guys forgot about? They have a place in the game too you know..

• Confused 4

I wouldn’t mind it as a fractal  or as a strike for the festival, but I don’t think it’s important given it’s told via lore books and other in game sources. And GW1.

Personally I’d prefer them to remove Jokos ghost from the Labyrinth, put Prince Thorn back where he was and restore the Halloween story about the Prince’s resurrection they removed after 2012. That was a well told sequence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even though its in the books, all the stories should be reacted, and show the tale in playable story. I also disagree on the Labyrinth as i was  glad they changed it

only as something that is updated but i think they should have kept the Prince in with the two interacting with them.

I would love to see the war between them, not just something boring from a book. Why read when you can play it?

Also there should be a story even after the book. Doesnt look like they were at a Truce.