Mini-expansions' Legendary weapons

I know the Secrets of the Obscure mini-expansion will come with a new set of legendary armors in the second update.

I think it's the time to think about future legendary weapons as they:

• help to keep the game alive.
  • give long term goals to the players.
  • add some prestige in the community.

Calendar

The Heart of Thorns full expansion bringed the legendary perfected envoy armor alongside the legendary weapons collections, 4 new legendary weapons and the legendary PvP back item at launch.

Then, in a lapse of 2 years and nearly 8 months, we got at first and last:

• Eureka: season 3 episode 2 (september 20, 2016).
  • Exordium: season 4 episode 6 (may 14, 2019).

In that time, every 3 months in average, one legendary weapon was added to the game.

Since there is more developers involved in those mini-expansions recently and legendary collections were abandoned, it would be great to have a new legendary weapon to craft on that cadency.

Like Heart of Thorns, a mini-expansion could bring a number of 4 new legendary weapons, one at each quaterly update.

The 16 weapons (without aquatic) would be released within 4 years, what seems reasonable.

Acquisition

The 4 legendary weapons of a mini-expansion would encourage the players to play the new content attached to her, like it's useful to play the content of End of Dragons to get the legendary weapons of Aurene.

Like the generation 2 weapons, I think the next ones should be account bound to keep some prestige among the community, encourage players to play the new content of each mini-expansion and boost the economy of the game.

Candidates

Since there is already some copies of mythical weapons of the Guild Wars universe like the Claw of the Khan-Ur, The Shining Blade and Verdarach, I would not mind to be able to craft:

Feel free to suggest anything else.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This is assuming that they have the resources to make a unique skin for each weapon.  If they were to add another set, I'd expect it to be like the recent one which would be similar to a game store weapon set with the option to get variants which would just be recolored versions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

I still need a legendary breather and legendary infusions.

Sure. I hope it will come as soon as possible in the next mini-expansion since it seems not to be planned in Soto but there are surprise quality of life updates sometimes so let's pray for it for the next year.

However I maintain that they should not stop making new legendary weapons in parallel, especially if it could take 4 years each time to get a full new set.

Those new legendary weapons generated a lot of hype among the community and encouraged the most invested players to spend more time in game and possibly buy some gems.

I remember the moment when people speaked more about Eureka than the new content of Rising Flames.

• Confused 3