Limit to achievement points from dailies

I am someone who has done dailies regularly for a long time. Last week I suddenly stopped getting achievement points from dailies and on enquiring to a GM was informed that the achievement points are capped from dailies and the old monthlies are capped at 15,000. So much for Arena Nets supposed value that you can play the game in any way that you wish; this is pure policing of how we are supposed to play the game, a total disincentive to log in daily and a punishment on long-term players.

• Confused 5

It doesn't punish long-term players. The game is just bad at explaining the cap. The game even shows you getting +10 AP when you are getting none if you're at the cap.

The cap functions as both a challenge for long-term players to actually go after the harder achievements to get the higher ranks of achievement points and a way to keep the achievement system somewhat fair for new players as well. Veteran players already have an AP advantage because ArenaNet removed achievements that rewarded achievement points from the game. Old players may still have these AP but new players can never get these. Steam players cannot even get the Hall of Monuments related AP.

I once suggested to change the daily AP system to something that removes the hard cap but reduces the amount of AP you get until it is just one per day.

Like:
10Ap/day for the first 15,000
5Ap/day for 15,000 - 25,000
3Ap/day for 25,000 - 35,000
2Ap/day for 35,000 - 45,000
1Ap/day for 45,000+

Numbers can be changed and are just to indicate the principle.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171126223306/https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/202581#Comment_202581

I'm still interested what the devs would think of such a system.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1