Saving PVP equipment setup

Wunder.4827

Hello there

I know that PVP equipment setup is saved and it switches to PVE and PVP automatically when entered. But for some reasons, it works only for a build setup, but not weapons. Every time I enter PVP I manually change my weapons. Then I move to PVE and again I switch them manually. Can't figure out how to fix it.  Can you help me please?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Hello,

As you have noticed this is not possible. The way the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Template works in Gw2 is you have 2-8 slots for equipment and 3-8 slots for build.

The system remembers the last “number” you had equipped last time you came.

Let’s say you have equipped slot 1 for equipment and slot 3 for your build in PvP. If you go to PvE and change build 3 then when you go back to PvP you have the changes you made in PvE. The same logic applies to weapons, if you change slot 1 in PvE then once you go back into PvP you also changed it.

The same logic applies to WvW which also remembers the last "numbers" you had equipped.

There are 3 exceptions to this which can cause a lot of confusion. In PvP the armor becomes an amulet while sigil and rune are “unique”. WvW and PvE share the same list of equipment but in PvP some runes or stat combination do not exist. Those 3 are saved. You can check them by clicking on an icon somewhere under the number 2 in the equipment panel. It is a helmet for the PvE / WvW gear and 2 crossed swords for PvP. (sadly I did not find any icon on wiki to link)

Remember that every equipment slot saves different armor (amulet) / sigil / rune in PvP meaning if you equipped them on your equipment slot 1 then you do not have any (or a different one) on equipment 2. I usually use this in PvE / PvE to have slot 1 with condi stats (rabid / carrion amulet for PvP while I have viper gear in PvE), slot 2 with power stats (berserker / marauder amulet in PvP and berserker gear in PvE) and slot 3 for healing stats (avatar / sage amulet for PvP and harrier in PvE).  

edit This means that for equipment you should remember checking your weapons when you come back to PvP while you probably want to buy some build template slots if you do not want to have to manually swap them between each game mode. The next expac will add all weapons to all specs which will also save everyone from coming to PvP with a weapon tided to an espec they do not have equipped (who never joined a match without realizing that they could not use at least one of their weapon 🙀)

Edited by aymnad.9023

33 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Hello,

As you have noticed this is not possible. The way the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Template works in Gw2 is you have 2-8 slots for equipment and 3-8 slots for build.

The system remembers the last “number” you had equipped last time you came.

Let’s say you have equipped slot 1 for equipment and slot 3 for your build in PvP. If you go to PvE and change build 3 then when you go back to PvP you have the changes you made in PvE. The same logic applies to weapons, if you change slot 1 in PvE then once you go back into PvP you also changed it.

The same logic applies to WvW which also remembers the last "numbers" you had equipped.

There are 3 exceptions to this which can cause a lot of confusion. In PvP the armor becomes an amulet while sigil and rune are “unique”. WvW and PvE share the same list of equipment but in PvP some runes or stat combination do not exist. Those 3 are saved. You can check them by clicking on an icon somewhere under the number 2 in the equipment panel. It is a helmet for the PvE / WvW gear and 2 crossed swords for PvP. (sadly I did not find any icon on wiki to link)

Remember that every equipment slot saves different armor (amulet) / sigil / rune in PvP meaning if you equipped them on your equipment slot 1 then you do not have any (or a different one) on equipment 2. I usually use this in PvE / PvE to have slot 1 with condi stats (rabid / carrion amulet for PvP while I have viper gear in PvE), slot 2 with power stats (berserker / marauder amulet in PvP and berserker gear in PvE) and slot 3 for healing stats (avatar / sage amulet for PvP and harrier in PvE).  

edit This means that for equipment you should remember checking your weapons when you come back to PvP while you probably want to buy some build template slots if you do not want to have to manually swap them between each game mode. The next expac will add all weapons to all specs which will also save everyone from coming to PvP with a weapon tided to an espec they do not have equipped (who never joined a match without realizing that they could not use at least one of their weapon 🙀)

I might have missed something. But some years ago I remember, when I was playing PVE with say a sword and a dagger, but my PVE setup was pistol*pistol. I didn't have to change them manually every time. When I entered PVP the pistols were already equipped. And when I returned to PVE a sword and a dagger were eqipped back as the system remembered. 

Now this works only for my thief. For all other characters all these weapon settings are manual only. 

1 hour ago, Wunder.4827 said:

I might have missed something. But some years ago I remember, when I was playing PVE with say a sword and a dagger, but my PVE setup was pistol*pistol. I didn't have to change them manually every time. When I entered PVP the pistols were already equipped. And when I returned to PVE a sword and a dagger were eqipped back as the system remembered. 

Now this works only for my thief. For all other characters all these weapon settings are manual only. 

If you have not played for a long time where you around when they added the template selection(1-8)?

It might be that your thief uses the equipment slot 1 for PvE and equipment slot 2 when you go in PvP. Do you know which equipment template (from 1-8) your thief uses in PvE and in PvP and what your other character have in PvE and PvP?

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

If you have not played for a long time where you around when they added the template selection(1-8)?

It might be that your thief uses the equipment slot 1 for PvE and equipment slot 2 when you go in PvP. Do you know which equipment template (from 1-8) your thief uses in PvE and in PvP and what your other character have in PvE and PvP?

Yeah, mate, you're right. That's all about equipment slots. How could I have missed it. Thank you!

• Like 1