Celestial Druid Build

Bastrii.3047

Hey! I made a lil' hybrid build that's tons of fun on its own, but sure to get better when SotO releases. This build is my go-to for open world, Fractals, and could be "alright" in raids once SotO drops. Hope you enjoy! (In SotO, I'm going to replace MH Axe with MH dagger, because I hate axe. I just don't like using axe.)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAMdjlJwUYHsN2JW6TVt7RMH-zxQYhoAqRMfpUQIEWC0aBESEI/DRAahsGCcWBqA-e

So, this build focuses on engaging with the Longbow, before moving in close for CA/melee range. The rotation is simple; Rapid Fire into Point Blank Shot/Hunter's Shot. In stealth, move in and summon Sun/Storm spirit. Using Storm Spirit's daze and Sun Spirit's blind as cover, Longbow 5. Switch weapons at this point to your secondary (which will be Dagger/Dagger in Soto). Use Axe 2, Axe 3, Dagger 5, Dagger 4. Pop CA. Spam 2, tap 3, 5, and optionally tap 4. Exit CA, and reposition out of range while your Jacaranda uses their Entangle. Optionally, you can use your Signet/Entangle for more damage, but that's up to you.

This basically gives you a strong engage, massive AoE, stacks a ton of condis, and can clear large packs of mobs in seconds. It massacres breakbars and provides tons of sustainable might (I frequently hit 25 might without any real issues, though staying at 25 was a challenge). The damage is around 13k Single Target without any raid buffs or food, and that's just with Longbow, no weapon swaps (I was running staff on my weapon swap when testing, because I use staff in T4 fractals to build CA/heal and I prefer staff for movement/support open world). So with axe, the damage definitely goes much higher.

All of this damage, plus CC, makes it really hard to go down in any real scenario. The sustain you get from having bonus heals on CA + 9k healing from Water Spirit makes this an ez mode build for survival. If you don't like spirits, you could swap to Wilderness Survival and take 3/1/3, and pick your own utilities/heal.

For Food, it's your choice on what to take. I have some cheap food I cycle through for healing (Holo Drumstick and Delicious Rice Ball) which can bump up your heals with Druid's 2/1/2. You'd also take staff with this and replace Storm Spirit with Stone Spirit, and Signet of the Wild with Search and Rescue. Of course, Glyph of the Stars, too. For offensive food, lean towards Precision/Ferocity or Condi. Condi will get you more value overall, but really, you're pumping out so much control and CC that food choice doesn't matter so much as hitting your buttons.

I take Quickness on Longbow as it's my engage, and it basically preps for a speedy CA rotation. The less time in CA = the more Astral power you save, so getting your 3/4/5 out ASAP is important. Having a ton of Concentration (81%) is also very useful. If you don't mind losing Concentration/Survival/Utility, you can take a Berserker longbow to maximize the Power damage, but it's up to you.

Keep in mind that while in Stealth, spirits won't break Stealth. You can actually place spirits on mobs/players before engaging, which is kinda important. Additionally, you can save your dodges as a CC cleanse, and you can use CA 2 to clear Root/Slows/Chills that bother you.

Overall, this build is solid, and won't even need Axe next patch to be effective. It's not a great starter build, but it's a fun way to play more of a Stealthy/Disruption Druid, allowing you to pop in and out of action while providing cover in the form of Blinds/Daze. It's a ton of fun, and really gives you the feeling of control.

• Like 1