Mirage axe absolute terrible to play.

Carnage.6751

10 hours ago, Blur.3465 said:

I want more builds that use main-hand sword/rapier for the proper fencer vibe xC atm none of the viable high-end builds use that which makes me sad...and I really don't like the dagger animations 😧

What you really want is an offhand dagger
Main Gauche

I dunno what the [5] ability is, but the [4] is a block and counter similar to Riposte

25 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

What you really want is an offhand dagger
Main Gauche

I dunno what the [5] ability is, but the [4] is a block and counter similar to Riposte

You mean just repeat the Mesmer OH Sword with the Riposte on Sword 4?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Riposte#/search

If you want that just find the shortest pointiest Sword skin and use the current OH Sword.

I think a Mesmer OH Dagger would need to have a Leap/Shadowstep stabby attack.

Edited by Roadkizzle.2157

12 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

You mean just repeat the Mesmer OH Sword with the Riposte on Sword 4?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Riposte#/search

Yes! But with less cloning and more stabby.

12 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I think a Mesmer OH Dagger would need to have a Leap/Shadowstep stabby attack.

Both? Both. Both is good. But not leaping, that's terribly passé. Mesmers don't leap. We simply are where we need to be.

So, you know, teleport instead.

5 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Yes! But with less cloning and more stabby.

Both? Both. Both is good. But not leaping, that's terribly passé. Mesmers don't leap. We simply are where we need to be.

So, you know, teleport instead.

Maybe Dagger 4 could be a Shadowstep to the target to unleash stabby stabby.

Dagger has to have a Phantasm so it could stealth and create a stabby stabby phantasm. It would basically be like a mobility and Power mirror to the Torch.

So you'd have Sword/Dagger Mesmers that are melee fencers and you'd have Dagger/Sword Mesmers that are snipers back at 1200 range.

11 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Maybe Dagger 4 could be a Shadowstep to the target to unleash stabby stabby.

Dagger has to have a Phantasm so it could stealth and create a stabby stabby phantasm. It would basically be like a mobility and Power mirror to the Torch.

So you'd have Sword/Dagger Mesmers that are melee fencers and you'd have Dagger/Sword Mesmers that are snipers back at 1200 range.

OH! OH! I like it! BUT!

You're right, I forgot we need a phantasm. So what if it doesn't just create a phantasm and more stabby BUT if it created the phantasm AND got flanking damage. So create a phantasm that rushes in and stabs. If it flanks, gain extra damage. However, I still maintain that it NEEDS to have a block and counter on it. That's just thematic. Mesmers are the "Dueling" class....it says so at the top of the forums, so we gotta keep it for thematic reasons.

Only thing I can think of is unlike thieves and rangers we don't really do flanking, so maybe it's a bit superfluous, but I still like the idea of creating a phantasm to stab them in the back.

1 hour ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

OH! OH! I like it! BUT!

You're right, I forgot we need a phantasm. So what if it doesn't just create a phantasm and more stabby BUT if it created the phantasm AND got flanking damage. So create a phantasm that rushes in and stabs. If it flanks, gain extra damage. However, I still maintain that it NEEDS to have a block and counter on it. That's just thematic. Mesmers are the "Dueling" class....it says so at the top of the forums, so we gotta keep it for thematic reasons.

Only thing I can think of is unlike thieves and rangers we don't really do flanking, so maybe it's a bit superfluous, but I still like the idea of creating a phantasm to stab them in the back.

And you already have the exact dueling riposte skill you want in Offhand.

There's no reason for them to put in the work to create new skills for an OH dagger if it's just the same use as the OH Sword...

But I'm more interested right now in the Rifle and I think a Warhorn, Mainhand Pistol, and Bow would be better to get before the OH dagger.

But in the meanwhile you can still just find the smallest sword skin and get the exact rapier Duelling Mesmer that you want.

The problem with Mesmer Axe is that is plays into a play style that just doesn’t work with core mesmer mechanics… Mesmer Axe encourages maintaining Clones rather than shattering them… which does actually work with the Mirage, but unfortunately this play style only really pays off with Staff… the Ambush skill for axe is just not good, and the mechanics of the weapon are glitchy… not to mention the fact that not shattering is a loss of DPS (Staff excluded due to Staff’s Ambush skill).