Unkillable Untamed PvE Build

Mell.4873

I thought it would be a good idea to share this since it does someone compete with the old Fervent Force builds. It can achieve similar if not higher DPS numbers.
You should expect 15k+ per fight with more targets doubling the damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABc+dflZwSYKsDGJW6TdxLA-zxIY14/MiSVFhU1jHgQ+kitten-e

Tips:

• Axe Ambush and weapon swap every 9 seconds
  • After Ambush just stay Unleashed for Hunter's Call or Whirling Defense
  • Use Storm Spirit and Weapon CC when not Unleashed for stability, you should always have one stack
  • Don't pet swap otherwise Fortifying Bond won't work with "We Heal As One!"
  • Try and use Beast skill for Regeneration when Unleashed

Notes:

• Eating Tofu can boost your damage and you are easily able to cleave targets with Axe Ambush
  • Don't worry too much about keeping Perception charges when going down since you have Hunter's Tactics for an extra 10% crit from flanking
  • The rotation is pretty busy so you don't really need to run Entangle but it could add another 1-2K DPS
Edited by Mell.4873

• Mell.4873 changed the title to Unkillable Untamed PvE Build

What pets?

Any other weapons usable?  Hammer, Longbow or something?

Any Spec variants?

Relic type?

Only Tofu? suggestions on Nourishment?

I loved Untamed and I hate that Anet took the best Ranger GM trait away from us... And 100% is was the BEST Ranger GM trait we have ever had.... I know that they will rework FF and give it to another class that they love more in the future and I will call them on that when they do.... So I hope that this build will be fun.... Like FF was so much fun....

To be honest I struggle to understand LL. I have trouble making it work... I guess I just really cant figure out how the whole GM trait works.... I try weapon swapping I try pet swapping but the ambush never seems to proc for me. I know its me not the GM trait but could FS work for this build as well? I have far less issues using that than LL...

Edited by Firebird Gomer.9563

@Firebird Gomer.9563

The stuff I left out is kind of irrelevant, it is completely up to you. 

The pet I normally run is the Blue Moa since it grants me another Protection source and some nice aoe healing. 

You can't use other weapons, this only works becouse Axe is a hybrid weapons with good upfront damage.

Anything I left out you can change, this is an more what I use build not a guide. 

I haven't unlocked all the relics yet but anything that gives you more condition damage will work. Relic of the Fractal is probably the best. Relic of Akeem can also work since you have a few CCs. Again not to important. 

Dont under estimate Tofu. It's one of the easiest to farm and best stat buffs in the game. There are plenty of little mobs you can cleave to get the buff in most PvE fights. 

Let Loose really shines with two of the same weapons equipped. 2 Longbows is another great combination especially with something like quick draw. 

Edited by Mell.4873

Fair enough on the weapons...

Your build has helped me figure out LL so thank you.... I am enjoying it... Tho I really love hammer on ranger and druid condi ranger is very fun as well.

Someone in another post suggested -Dragonhunter Relic for trap build -Krait Relic overall condi build -Sunless Relic for poison build something to give a go and see if it helps the build. Relic of Aristocracy might be worth a look as well

I have seen the value of Tofu for sure... wish there was a Ascended equivalent.

I am enjoying the build and its definitely hard to kill it... So good job.

Edited by Firebird Gomer.9563
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:36 AM, Firebird Gomer.9563 said:

Fair enough on the weapons...

Your build has helped me figure out LL so thank you.... I am enjoying it... Tho I really love hammer on ranger and druid condi ranger is very fun as well.

Someone in another post suggested -Dragonhunter Relic for trap build -Krait Relic overall condi build -Sunless Relic for poison build something to give a go and see if it helps the build. Relic of Aristocracy might be worth a look as well

I have seen the value of Tofu for sure... wish there was a Ascended equivalent.

I am enjoying the build and its definitely hard to kill it... So good job.

Its been great in the new metas where you have to fight two or more Legendary enemies at once.