Fractal Push Achivment

I just completed it.. this is how I did it.

1) Replay Story 5. The Missing Facet

2) Go to Story Instance and talk with Mabon

3) Exit Instance after you are done

4) Go to Meta Event and don't really do it, just kill some mobs so you get a participation (I did it only by spamming few fireballs with my Skyscale)

5) After the Meta is succesfull you get your achiev

• Like 2

Yep, +1 confirmation. I reset The Missing Facet, did the quick first part of continuing the story talking to Mabon, fireballed a couple mobs in the meta, and got the achievement.

Thanks for the workaround!  It was sad to grind my way towards a full Participation bar and have that fail the achievement. XD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Preppy.7046 said:

It was sad to grind my way towards a full Participation bar and have that fail the achievement. XD

Me Too. It's not a good game mechanic design to no fully participate in a meta to be able to get an achievement. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I tried doing the Fractal Push Achievement by only using Fireballs at mobs and then channeling at the end of the meta, but I did not get the achievement.  I made sure I did not collect any essences either before the meta or during the meta.  Not sure what I am missing here, but I got credit for the meta, but no achievement.

I was able to get Fractal Push with relative ease this time around. 

I misunderstood prior guidance that you only had to participate at any point in the meta without collecting essences in order to qualify for Fractal Push.  So the last time I tried to get it, I waited till the three platforms broke off and the meta was near the end.  I used my Skyscale and fireball from afar to not collect essences and hit enemies to gain participation in the meta.

I read on the wiki that this achievement was tied to the 2nd part of the meta - the part where you spread out to the other fractal zones such as Skyward Marches or Primal Maguuma, etc. in order to kill enemies and collect essences.  The name of this part of the meta is "Gather essence of despair around Skyward Marches" or "Gather essence of judgment around Primal Maguuma" as examples of two of the five areas across the map that you collect essences from.  During the second part (where you pick one of the five zones to go to) as well as during the first part of the meta "Gather essence of awe around Droknar's Light", make sure you do not collect essences and just use your Skyscale to kill enemies.  You should get the achievement once the second step is completed.