Skyscale POF masteries still locked?

30 minutes ago, Lewiathan.1305 said:

My understanding was that when I will unlock Skyscale by doing it in a new way I will be able also to level up masteries from LW4. What's the point of doing collection with whole story how I raise my Skyscale when I already have grown one. Or maybe it's a bug?

Well do the people who already got the skyscale the old way just have to put master points into the new one or do they need to do collections?

If they do then I guess Anet felt it was intended to be done that way.

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well do the people who already got the skyscale the old way just have to put master points into the new one or do they need to do collections?

You can do the collection or not but there is nothing stopping you from leveling up new masteries. You actually need to max them before finishing new collection. 

Edited by Lewiathan.1305

On 8/26/2023 at 1:55 AM, Linken.6345 said:

I mean technically yes ? Old method skyscale is just talk to an npc and then the mastery is available to train. The collection is not needed for the mastery progression.

I am referring to talking to the npc in the new zone and then the new mastery is available for you to spend points in ^^

Edited by Varon.2564

On 8/26/2023 at 1:23 AM, Lewiathan.1305 said:

My understanding was that when I will unlock Skyscale by doing it in a new way I will be able also to level up masteries from LW4

My understanding is, if you want the old way you need to get the skyscale the old way.

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, Varon.2564 said:

I mean technically yes ? Old method skyscale is just talk to an npc and then the mastery is available to train. The collection is not needed for the mastery progression.

I am referring to talking to the npc in the new zone and then the new mastery is available for you to spend points in ^^

So your saying atm people who do it the new way can just talk to old npc and spend point in old mastery.

But old skyscale players cant just talk to the new npc and do the same?

Well that is not fair then is it.

• Confused 1

I think there is some confusion here. New mastery is ready to train for all. To get Skyscale new way you actually need to fully level up new mastery first as part of the collection, before getting Skyscale available in old maps. People who got Skyscale old way don't need to finish new collection, unless they want to finish special mission in Vault (but it takes like 1 day if you have crystals), and they still can level up new masteries and fully use all of the new skills.

8 hours ago, Lewiathan.1305 said:

I think there is some confusion here. New mastery is ready to train for all. To get Skyscale new way you actually need to fully level up new mastery first as part of the collection, before getting Skyscale available in old maps. People who got Skyscale old way don't need to finish new collection, unless they want to finish special mission in Vault (but it takes like 1 day if you have crystals), and they still can level up new masteries and fully use all of the new skills.

And if you want new skin collection can you skip the new skyscale raising?

On 8/27/2023 at 12:01 PM, Varon.2564 said:

yeah you dont even need to talk to the npc i think its part of the soto story quest to get the mastery

Edited by Jollywand.2530